JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Beretta Model 950 BS .25 cal. I think I remember buying it - I'm original owner. Forgot I had it. Kinda cute - I thought it was one of the wife's earrings in the drawer at first. I guess this is the "Tomcat" model. It is made in the USA, ACKK, MD. Is it even worth trying to sell? Any interest in these things? It is cute. It will fit just about anywhere - I mean anywhere.

These are a holdover from the days before the concealed carry carry movement (ie: before the 1990's) and would likely gain in popularity again if there was ever a gun confiscation or if the right to carry were ever repealed. The trend of states allowing concealed carry has kind of made them obsolete. The idea was that you'd be carrying them when you weren't supposed to thus they needed to be easy to hide.

The 1968 GCA prohibited importation of these so Beretta started making them in the US sometime in the early 80's. Pre-68 Italian models are collectible to some folks.

I usually see American made guns in good shape and with the box selling for +/- $200. I have a "Minx" model that shoots .22 short and it's kind of fun to shoot on occasion :)

These are a holdover from the days before the concealed carry carry movement (ie: before the 1990's) and would likely gain in popularity again if there was ever a gun confiscation or if the right to carry were ever repealed. The trend of states allowing concealed carry has kind of made them obsolete. The idea was that you'd be carrying them when you weren't supposed to thus they needed to be easy to hide.

The 1968 GCA prohibited importation of these so Beretta started making them in the US sometime in the early 80's. Pre-68 Italian models are collectible to some folks.

I usually see American made guns in good shape and with the box selling for +/- $200. I have a "Minx" model that shoots .22 short and it's kind of fun to shoot on occasion :)

That's cool. Thanks for the history lesson :) I do have the original box for this little guy too.

my interest in micro pistols has increased somewhat over the years. i'm sure there are others uot there too. do a search on the various auction sites to get a sense of monetary value. i'm up to my eyeballs in gun transactions right now or i might make an offer on it. see my add in the classified section, see if its something you might be interested in trading away.

I thought the Beretta 950 was the "Jetfire" rather than the Tomcat. The Tomcat is a similar but bigger/heavier pistol in .32 acp rather than .25 acp. I may be wrong.

The 950 isn't particularly valuable, depending on condition of course, but maybe around $200 or so, but some people will sell for as high as $300. It's probably one of the better pocket .25's out there compared to some of the junk .25's made around the same time.

I thought the Beretta 950 was the "Jetfire" rather than the Tomcat. The Tomcat is a similar but bigger/heavier pistol in .32 acp rather than .25 acp. I may be wrong.

The 950 isn't particularly valuable, depending on condition of course, but maybe around $200 or so, but some people will sell for as high as $300. It's probably one of the better pocket .25's out there compared to some of the junk .25's made around the same time.

It very well may be "Jetfire".. I know for sure it is Model 950BS .25 cal. With the flip up barrel.

It is not a jetfire with the 950bs number.
The 950B was a jetfire 7 shot .22/.25 1950-1968 (Italy)1968-2002(U.S. made). or a
950B Minx M2/M4 in .22(1950/56-1968)
The 950BS is a 8 shot .22/.25 1982-2002 (U.S. only).

Interesting thread. I think the technical name for the .25 Beretta with the tip up barrel is a "Bobcat". As some one else has posted, the Tomcat is the .32 acp.

The 950 Beretta is called the Jetfire, IIRC. I've got one in .25 caliber that I sometimes carry as a BUG, particularly in the summer. I've run hundreds of rounds through it; it works every time and is amazingly accurate, given its overall length and the round that it fires. You'll see them sell in good condition in the $225 to $300 range; you'll also find that there's a demand for them, and for obvious reasons.

I used to have one of these in .22LR. Nice, very well made guns, 100% reliable with Stingers or CCI Mini-mags. The quality is there but the stopping power isnt; the .25ACP round is at the bottom of the barrel in terms of performance. The advent of subcompact 32's and 380's from Keltec and Ruger have pretty much made the .25 acp obsolete as a deep concealment weapon.

I'd love to see what Beretta could do with a Tomcat in .380.

I'd love to see what Beretta could do with a Tomcat in .380.

I would love to se Beretta make a Tomcat of any stripe and caliber that actually works well, both out of the box and down the road. I've had two, and both were POS guns from the get-go. The Jetfire that I own works every time, all the time. The Bobcat that I own is similar to the Tomcat: an iffy proposition at best.

Sure, I'm sure that some of you have both Tomcats and Bobcats that work well. But I'll also wager that I'm not alone in experiencing issues with them.

the .25ACP round is at the bottom of the barrel in terms of performance.

Not true. If you check the ballistics charts the .22 LR is shown as fired from longer barrels, usually 4". If you shoot a .22 LR from a 2" barrel I believe the .25 wins. Also, the .25 is much more reliable, being a centerfire. Almost every time I shoot my .22 there is at least one failure to fire. The wall thickness of a .25 case is three times as thick as a .22 LR case, so it could be loaded hotter, the limitation is the wimpy light weight blowback slides.

I suggest that the lowest power in currently available used mouse guns is the .22 short, then the .22 LR, then the .25 ACP.

cid_FCD1FC39232344268274511907A1A5F.jpg

A recent email from a new friend about the PSA Baby Browning .25ACP sent the picture with the comment;

"Back when 25 autos were extremely popular, all the gun writers had this knee jerk compulsion to talk about what a poor round it was. They trotted out all sorts of failure to stop stories. Now that the 25 is something of an oddity, I'm hearing just as many or more stories about spectacular and/or instant stops and fatalities. I'm satisfied that the load- and particularly the speer gold dot at over 1,000 fps are capable of adeqate penetration. I know a retired DPS officer who has been to enough terminal events that he pretty much dismisses all the stopping power theories and prejudices. He carries a BB in his pants pocket all the time.
I shot these through two inches of raw steak and a water jug backed by a phone book."

Every time a thread comes up about he .25acp you get all the .25 won't stop anything. BS, I have yet to find one to volunteer to back up their statement with a demonstration. It's not a one round knock down caliber but you take five to the chest it well ruin your day. The whole idea is a very small hide out gun. The Colt vest pocket and Walther model 9 are excellent for this.

I have a Beretta Model 950 BS .25 cal. I think I remember buying it - I'm original owner. Forgot I had it. Kinda cute - I thought it was one of the wife's earrings in the drawer at first. I guess this is the "Tomcat" model. It is made in the USA, ACKK, MD. Is it even worth trying to sell? Any interest in these things? It is cute. It will fit just about anywhere - I mean anywhere.
MY name is Brandon And i have a 22 short I collect small fire Rms if the price is right I'd give you $100 for it that About all

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top