JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know ONE thing for sure. There were no phillips screw head in the 1800s. :D Not to say it is still old, just that the screw isn't old.

For the record I think that the sword and scabbard dates from the 1890's onward...

I didn't think that anyone really needed to be told that a Philips head screw was from the 20th century or a 20th century "repair"....:D
Andy

I have a couple of guns I am helping a friend sell, but not sure if they are actually worth anything.

1st gun - Hopkins and Allen XL3 32 - very bad condition -

I found a couple others and one that looked the same in perfect condition with the box went for $485 at Rock Island Armory (forgotten weapons is awesome)

2nd gun - Colt 1908 25 serial #140... hoped it was custom engraved, but looks like pitted pretty bad- there was amo in the mag when I got it and slid racks fine

Musket , powder horn and sword - Any idea how to know if these are real?

View attachment 590025
View attachment 590026
View attachment 590027
View attachment 590028
View attachment 590029
View attachment 590030
View attachment 590031
View attachment 590032
View attachment 590033
View attachment 590034
View attachment 590035
View attachment 590036
View attachment 590037

Just off hand I would guess that the powder flask will bring more money than any of the other items and if it is a true vintage peice it would possibly bring more than all the other items together. See if you can find someone who can authinticate it.;)

My grandfather and uncle were both Masons. I inherited two swords that look very much the same, the hand guard and helmeted butt cap are identical. The exception is that mine have what appears to be pot metal handles, not the white stuff. If yours are ivory, the PC police will be over soon. Mine are in pretty rough shape from back yard dueling when I was a kid. Have a belt too, which is a redish leather with barrel link hangers.

The H&A .32 is a black powder only so it looks like it wasn't cleaned very well after use. The grips if in good condition are worth something and also the gun is worth more as parts than whole.

The musket looks "new/repo" to me, I would doubt it is very old, maybe the 1950s on. Could be wrong of course and it is a rare model of with two were made and one destroyed/lost. Still looks 1950s to me, but then a lot of them were imported with new stocks and "original" old parts sold by a lot of imports in the 1950s-60s.

The sword looks like some sort of frat dress sword and if you can figure out what it is it is worth "maybe" $50 -$100, maybe less, maybe more. Seen a lot of these sort of swords and they are not rare or a lot of money.

The flask might or might not be old, hard to tell from photos. If real it is worth a nice amount, if repo (spout looks real, not repo) still worth something.

Handguns are probably worth more parted out then complete from the looks of them, or could be used as wall hangers.

Could be wrong all all of this or course, with out seeing them in person.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top