JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just my thoughts on this... It seems to me we used to have a powerful gun lobby in the NRA that was helpful keeping this stuff in check. But now the weapon we have is the courts.

And a very effective weapon it is! We should maximize its use imo. It seems to me gun owners should be pooling their resources (ie $) towards a single body/group/? that will effectively and very quickly challenge these laws in court. And the group should not be wasting $ on Golden parachutes for their executives or corruption (sorry had to throw that one in there cuz it does happen as we have seen in other groups).

Whoever the attorneys were that won Bruin should be the lawyers hired, or similar effective attorneys imo.

Seems to me that the anti gun side has organzination and a zealous desire to get rid of guns. We, on the other hand, are disorganized. And just like any other battle in history, the more organized, prepared, and effective side will beat the side that is leaderless, unfocused, and disorganized.

Just being blunt here so sorry if it sounds crass. But imo we need to acknowledge "the facts on the ground" so to speak if we are ever going to become effective at fighting this crap.
Yeah but they headed us off way ahead at the pass. They own the schools which indoctrinate the judges and lawyers and make it near impossible for anyone non woke to tolerate such BS. and then they are bought and paid by their side and dont give a hoot about actual law they know they have zero fear of repercussions if they out and outright break the laws.

Its 1000% two tiered system and they don't give a flying eff about us. They are on a mission.. Their "holly war" and it won't stop until its forced to stop. Probably by force.

Certainly not the way I want it, but its simple laws if nature of ALL man.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - JFK.

Sobo, trying to convo with you but can't connect.
That's weird... I have DMs set to "Members only", so you should be able to send me sump'n... :s0092:

1660433498402.png

What can I do fer ya, 41?

Last Edited:

This helps as he has 34.2k followers and has his radio talk show.

Thanks Lars!

Last Edited:
I may get some hate here but my frustration is in the hypocrisy of the wording of the measure. If they are so concerned with "safety" why do they not mention manual safeties? (I am of an older generation so manual safeties no not bother me but the hypocrisy and ignorance of the authors of the bill does.). They don't care about safety…it's a ploy to get votes based on emotional, knee jerk responses.

Magazine capacity? Really? I know some people who can reload so fast they can fire four ten round magazines faster, and more accurately, than some can fire two twenties.

Additionally, driving, hunting, fishing and concealed carry could be considered a privilege so, fine, charge a fee BUT gun ownership is a right so there should be no charge, for training or otherwise to exercise that right. This infringes in a right.

Finally, a lack of exceptions. As a 23 year veteran I have spent DAYS on the firing range including acting as the range safety NCO. Are they telling me I need a class to be taught how to safely handle a weapon? The only exception I read was for current law enforcement officers. I am insulted!!

Well…another opinion left here…sorry about the manual safety comments but it proves the authors agenda has nothing to do with safety.

Well lack of manual safeties is not really the crux of the matter here, maybe a few decades ago that was the argue point, but now.... those in power want to strip you of your firearms, manual safeties or not, this is clearly evident.

This helps as he has 34.2k followers and has his radio talk show.

Thanks Lars!

Agree with him or not, this guy has a major platform that we could be taking advantage of.

All the BS over the last 2.5 years was just fearmongering and corporate greed at its finest. The US itself is nothing more than a gigantic greedy corp with cares about power and profit. All 3-letter associated FDA, AMA on down the line completely corrupted. The pharms control the gov, not the other way around + 99% of the media.

So much corruption now in our empire and globally that it is time to set aside the belief that gov/corps care about us at all.

Trillions paid out will wreck what's left of the middle class as mega corps will continue to buy up what is left of Oregon and elsewhere. The Great Reset is very real and everything will be stolen away however right now no one seems to notice, no one seems to care. Oh they'll care a decade from now after the grid shutdowns, etc, have scared the masses into 100% compliance.

IP17 will be on the ballot in Nov where we will lose ability to buy standard capacity mags and they will create tons of new hoops to jump through to buy guns (probably all without funding to do it which will mean a huge backlog/ClusterF).

My guess is they will also do an ip18 type assault weapons ban next year. It looks like dark times are looming.

I don't know but I'm guessing it will take years for a challenge to get to the Supreme Court to overturn this BS (if it passes).
Yes, you're probably in the Final Days.
Washington and Oregon go hand-in-hand in these matters.

Therefore, right now, buy any standard capacity mags that you think you might need.
Also buy any standard capacity mags for any firearm that you think you might buy in the future.

Do not delay.

There is so much wrong with BM114 that it is hard to condense it into one page. Here is my attempt:

If you do not own a firearm or all of the firearms that you would like to purchase, then you better go out and buy them before the rush in October!

This unconstitutional mess of a Ballot Measure contains an unfunded mandate that will shut down all firearm transfers in 2023 for weeks, or possibly months!

Shut it down for everyone except cops, their families and the politicians who hold the cops purse strings.

Right now every firearm transfer except for immediate family in state requires a full Federal Background Check through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) conducted by the Oregon State Police. Under our under current laws the OSP can delay you for months or even years if they see something that they don't like for example if you got divorced or sued out of state and they want a final disposition which may no longer exist in the records.

After BM114 you will have to take a police approved safety course with live fire practice before they will issue you a five year permit to purchase. Sounds great you say, however there is no funding in this bill for the over burdened police departments and not enough live fire ranges for the public. Furthermore you will be required to "demonstrate safe gun handling" to your local police officer, who has better things to do, to get your initial purchase permit and every five years to renew it. If you do not have a firearm, the police are not obligated to let you use one of theirs and because of Oregon's already strict Background Check law only an in state family member can lend you one. This is a real live Catch 22 for a potential new firearms owner. After all that you still need to pass a full Federal Background Check through NICS signed off by the OSP before purchasing your firearm.

Criminals, of course, will continue to buy, borrow or steal their firearms without any pesky Background Checks. And Soros funded DAs will let them walk with no charges.

Oregon Ballot Measures are only suppose to contain a single subject, however, this BM has a second which bans the sale of firearm magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds, even though cops have 17-20 rounds of ammo in their sidearms and more for their rifles. Oh you can keep the standard capacity magazines that came with your firearm; you just cannot leave the house with them. Even your Grandpa's old shotgun would be subject to this law if you could load it with more than ten 1½ inch long mini-shells. How is all this two subjects? To use a car example, it would be saying that all drivers are required to take a DMV approved course and pass a test every five years before being issued a permit to purchase a vehicle, ALSO all vehicles with an engine size of more than 2.0 liters are banned from sale or use in public. Oh you can still drive it around your property. Don't have acreage property? Too bad for you, take the bus.

Criminals, of course, will continue to shoot at each other with 30+ round magazines.

Know your Rights before voting them away.

Corrections and criticisms are welcome.

There is so much wrong with BM114 that it is hard to condense it into one page. Here is my attempt:

If you do not own a firearm or all of the firearms that you would like to purchase, then you better go out and buy them before the rush in October!

This unconstitutional mess of a Ballot Measure contains an unfunded mandate that will shut down all firearm transfers in 2023 for weeks, or possibly months!

Shut it down for everyone except cops, their families and the politicians who hold the cops purse strings.

Right now every firearm transfer except for immediate family in state requires a full Federal Background Check through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) conducted by the Oregon State Police. Under our under current laws the OSP can delay you for months or even years if they see something that they don't like for example if you got divorced or sued out of state and they want a final disposition which may no longer exist in the records.

After BM114 you will have to take a police approved safety course with live fire practice before they will issue you a five year permit to purchase. Sounds great you say, however there is no funding in this bill for the over burdened police departments and not enough live fire ranges for the public. Furthermore you will be required to "demonstrate safe gun handling" to your local police officer, who has better things to do, to get your initial purchase permit and every five years to renew it. If you do not have a firearm, the police are not obligated to let you use one of theirs and because of Oregon's already strict Background Check law only an in state family member can lend you one. This is a real live Catch 22 for a potential new firearms owner. After all that you still need to pass a full Federal Background Check through NICS signed off by the OSP before purchasing your firearm.

Criminals, of course, will continue to buy, borrow or steal their firearms without any pesky Background Checks. And Soros funded DAs will let them walk with no charges.

Oregon Ballot Measures are only suppose to contain a single subject, however, this BM has a second which bans the sale of firearm magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds, even though cops have 17-20 rounds of ammo in their sidearms and more for their rifles. Oh you can keep the standard capacity magazines that came with your firearm; you just cannot leave the house with them. Even your Grandpa's old shotgun would be subject to this law if you could load it with more than ten 1½ inch long mini-shells. How is all this two subjects? To use a car example, it would be saying that all drivers are required to take a DMV approved course and pass a test every five years before being issued a permit to purchase a vehicle, ALSO all vehicles with an engine size of more than 2.0 liters are banned from sale or use in public. Oh you can still drive it around your property. Don't have acreage property? Too bad for you, take the bus.

Criminals, of course, will continue to shoot at each other with 30+ round magazines.

Know your Rights before voting them away.

Corrections and criticisms are welcome.
There's some straight shooting' there, all very true!

IP17 will be on the ballot in Nov where we will lose ability to buy standard capacity mags and they will create tons of new hoops to jump through to buy guns (probably all without funding to do it which will mean a huge backlog/ClusterF).

My guess is they will also do an ip18 type assault weapons ban next year. It looks like dark times are looming.

I don't know but I'm guessing it will take years for a challenge to get to the Supreme Court to overturn this BS (if it passes).
Time to leave the People's Republic of Oregon.

Blunt is a good thing in my mind but my money now goes to FPC and GOA as I have watched the NRA give the go ahead on many anti gun laws, like parts of the 94 ban and suggested the bump stock ban as well.

So I feel a different approach is needed as lobbying is not doing what it once did. I feel we have gained more in the last 5 years with GOA and FPC than in the last 40 with the NRA but that's just my opinion
Please support Oregon's 2 pro gun groups and vote smart in November. Betsy will get my vote.

I echo those who say buy what you want now. Background checks are going to be a clusterfudge as we approach November.

I would be interested in knowing what happens to people in the queue on Jan 1st, if 114 passes?

Sheriff depts will have discretion when it comes to what qualifications they accept. You might want to contact them and see how they are preparing for this and what they will consider acceptable for training requirements.

I echo those who say buy what you want now. Background checks are going to be a clusterfudge as we approach November.

I would be interested in knowing what happens to people in the queue on Jan 1st, if 114 passes?

Sheriff depts will have discretion when it comes to what qualifications they accept. You might want to contact them and see how they are preparing for this and what they will consider acceptable for training requirements.
If it does pass and there is any semblance of reason left you would think there would a grace period and enactment date that would not be retroactive for anyone currentlyl in the queue. Horking off 10's of 1000's right out of the gate wouldn't bode well for anyone.

What would be funny is setting a date for everyone to start flooding their local Sheriff's offices with inquiries. It might even get a little media coverage if offices throughout OR are suddenly overwhelmed with calls and comms requesting info. Call and keep calling for a week or so demanding a response. I'm sure they would love that. 😜

Make it just a bit before the vote so the Sheriff's offices responses, "we simply don't have the means, money, personnel or plan in place to accomodate those requirements." is fresh in the voters minds.

Last Edited:
As for the Measure 114 requirement that an applicant demonstrate their ability to shoot a firearm, it doesn't explicitly require live fire. I would think pulling the trigger on an unloaded trainer should suffice?

There is no grace period provided in measure 114. I think the OSP person in charge of the background check dept should have to answer this question before ballots are sent out?
I guess by "grace period" I meant an offset date of enactment that would allow sufficient time for in queqe checks to be completed and new BGC applicants to be aware and in compliance.

Although... I guess it doesn't really matter. The queue's will be cleared completely during the lag time, right. Ie., if it's in queqe it's pre 114... no new BGC's can even take place for weeks or months so it should be starting back at zero before anyone can even submit one under 114. Other than law enforcement I guess.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top