JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Infringement :
Noun

1 ) The action of breaking the terms of a law , agreement , etc ; a violation.
2 ) The action of limiting or undermining something.

After reading what IP17 and 18 state...
Both definitely fit the description of infringement.

Which , by the way , is also stated so as not to happen...
As in :
'...shall not be infringed."

Good luck Oregon.
Andy
Since they don't seem to understand "shall not be infringed", perhaps they will understand SHALL NOT BE OBEYED.

Since they don't seem to understand "shall not be infringed", perhaps they will understand SHALL NOT BE OBEYED.
I will not com-ply if this passes, im going to the range with 20 loaded clips and do my thing. ill sit in my car and wait for a warrant if i have to. try to break in and Find out my view of defending myself and property is!

How many people went out and bought guns during COVID closures and how long did you have to wait, what were BGC ques times like for you? How many of you were first time buyers, regardless of background and what was your main reason for buying?.
Remember that 4473 that seemed to ask a lot of questions and that background check wait?
Almost like there's already a process for this that keeps criminals at bay...

I recall ques up to 5k and people being told they would be waiting a week for a call back at best.

How many people applied for a CHL while the closures were in effect? How long did that process take before you were able to legally conceal carry after getting your license?

I recall Washington county sheriff's office being closed and you would have to mail in your request, how many people are fluent in using the mailing system? How long does it usually take to get your mail? Ever notice those postal workers are working later and later usually from being short staffed?

Any DPSST armed guards here, how's that annual armed guard refresher course you have to take by law?. Last time I went there was a class room of about 12 people out in Sherwood that cost $300 and was a 3 day course 8hrs first two then another 4-5hrs qual at threat dynamics.

But wait....you cannot get a permit unless it's thru a police department chief or county sheriff according to this. Do they currently offer armed training licenses/courses that people commonly take?. I see one for Clackamas county but not one in Washington county. Google your area and see if you get an official police firearms training program that's open to the PUBLIC, exclude private firearms training as those do not count. I don't see any for Portland either that's not private.

Remember not long ago it was all the rage to hate cops and defund the police at all levels nationally.

Just some things to consider if you're leaning undecided on this.

Last Edited:

This just dropped today. Saw the original post on tweetland from a 2A source.

Original source:
And this is exactly why you can't argue with them using logic. More than one person at LEVO thinks this totally makes sense. More than one of their lawyers apparently agreed. And so did the State. The lunatics are clearly running the asylum in Oregon.

But it's a good thing we don't have to sway LEVO. We only need to concentrate on the non afilliated voters and people on the fence. I am willing to bet a good majority of people regardless of party will vote against this after the last two years record gun sales. Not all of them came from strictly right wing conservative white males, articles of FFLs reporting uncommon unlikely first time buyers being their primary customers.

The biggest thing is letting people know not to get duped by putting a RIGHT behind a PERMIT and letting them know there's currently groups fighting with litigation to preserve these rights and restore them federally and more locally in other states. Whats easier just vote NO on this come November.

If you need help registering to vote in order to cast your decision the process is easy in Oregon:

Takes less than 5minutes to defend yours and your families futures rights.

If @Joe Link could set up a No on BM 114 donations page, I would be happy to contribute.
Going with that if we could get a stickied locked info thread on here about 114 and something in the classifieds that at least alerts people to it's presence would be nice. If passed this site would be feeling it from the lack of anyone immediately having a permit to buy/sell/trade and likely traffic, I would think, plummits.

Wild thought, if 114 passes how do WA/OR residents do transfers with one another? OR requires a permit to purchase WA doesn't... can out of state apply for a permit in Oregon? This doesn't cover that aspect does it. It does cover private party transfers needing a permit but it doesn't cover out of state coming into Oregon specifically. Oh and its a felony to do a transfer if the person buying doesn't have a permit or a cleared BGC. Yikes...

Wouldn't hurt if they used that twitter social media account that's been dead since 2019...

Gotta get the word out and get people alerted. They've done it before not sure why it's not being done now.

Last Edited:
Don't forget about IP18.

Remember they split IP18 from the petition gathering to be used in the 2023 legislation.

What's IP18?
Just the assault weapons ban for Oregon.

These two originally were intended to pass thru the petition process but late game LEVO decided to split 18 to try and use in the coming legislation next year.

So if IP17 (Measure 114) seems harmless it was originally meant to be in conjunction with another more dangerous bill against your rights.

The only ways I can see that would stop all these assaults on a singular Constitutional Right... and prevent the rest of the Rights from being similarly assaulted...

Give actual teeth, a legal way for either States or County Sheriffs to arrest Federal agents and officials violating USC 18 Secs 241 and 242, and to legally remove Fed Congress and State Legislatures people from positions if they are actively disobeying the SCOTUS policies, actively conspiring to deprive citizens of civil rights as laid out in USC 18 sections 241 and 242....

Until then... voting is our best weaponry but .... 🤷‍♂️

The comment in one of the above posts said the 2A is a "fortress". That got me to thinking about a quote from Machiavelli re princes and city-states of that time. He said if the people within the fortress walls love you, you don't need the fortress because they will fight for you. But if they hate you, you need the fortress because they won't fight for you.

So if we consider the US population as the people inside the fortress walls and the constitution and laws as the fortress walls, then it seems to me the politically active idiots on one side love antifa, chaos, and hate police, the military, and the second amendment and those who believe in it.

So the second amendment as our fortress, as upheld by scotus is our best defense. The time lag of things working through the court is the killer it seems to me.

I don't mean to disparage the education efforts, politics, etc. but the fortress is the thing that will win the day in the end. I do think education efforts etc will impact the undecided average person though (ie "get at least those people to love you"). Don't know if that makes any sense or not.

My understanding is that Scotus has already vacated the 9ths ruling and GVR'd it. The Ninth has remanded it back down to Benitez which the WA gun law says is a stalling tactic.

Thank you for this! :)

1660408668867.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top