JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IP17 will be on the ballot in Nov where we will lose ability to buy standard capacity mags and they will create tons of new hoops to jump through to buy guns (probably all without funding to do it which will mean a huge backlog/ClusterF).

My guess is they will also do an ip18 type assault weapons ban next year. It looks like dark times are looming.

I don't know but I'm guessing it will take years for a challenge to get to the Supreme Court to overturn this BS (if it passes).

Infringement :
Noun

1 ) The action of breaking the terms of a law , agreement , etc ; a violation.
2 ) The action of limiting or undermining something.

After reading what IP17 and 18 state...
Both definitely fit the description of infringement.

Which , by the way , is also stated so as not to happen...
As in :
'...shall not be infringed."

Good luck Oregon.
Andy

Last Edited:
Well with 87,000 new IRS agents, more funding for the AFT and a rogue FBI and your worried about a MAG ban, heck we will all be in Internment camps by the end of next year at this rate. Just for being on this right wing gun related web site (their opinion not mine) not counting every thing else we believe in.

But until that happens buy what you can afford and bury a few in the back yard, Also stock some food and water and then wait for the Tyrannical government to do another Waco or Ruby Ridge to show their strength and wait for all hell to break loose.

And VOTE because at this moment its all we can do.
With luck a few more court wins will at least slow the pendulum down and and start it moving back to center.

Well with 87,000 new IRS agents, more funding for the AFT and a rogue FBI and your worried about a MAG ban, heck we will all be in Internment camps by the end of next year at this rate. Just for being on this right wing gun related web site (their opinion not mine) not counting every thing else we believe in.

But until that happens buy what you can afford and bury a few in the back yard, Also stock some food and water and then wait for the Tyrannical government to do another Waco or Ruby Ridge to show their strength and wait for all hell to break loose.

And VOTE because at this moment its all we can do.
With luck a few more court wins will at least slow the pendulum down and and start it moving back to center.
Just my thoughts on this... It seems to me we used to have a powerful gun lobby in the NRA that was helpful keeping this stuff in check. But now the weapon we have is the courts.

And a very effective weapon it is! We should maximize its use imo. It seems to me gun owners should be pooling their resources (ie $) towards a single body/group/? that will effectively and very quickly challenge these laws in court. And the group should not be wasting $ on Golden parachutes for their executives or corruption (sorry had to throw that one in there cuz it does happen as we have seen in other groups).

Whoever the attorneys were that won Bruin should be the lawyers hired, or similar effective attorneys imo.

Seems to me that the anti gun side has organzination and a zealous desire to get rid of guns. We, on the other hand, are disorganized. And just like any other battle in history, the more organized, prepared, and effective side will beat the side that is leaderless, unfocused, and disorganized.

Just being blunt here so sorry if it sounds crass. But imo we need to acknowledge "the facts on the ground" so to speak if we are ever going to become effective at fighting this crap.

I certainly hope I NEVER encounter a member of this 'Lift every voice Oregon'.

I would most likely fail to maintain my normally 'friendly and accommodating' personality and possibly lower my standards to that of a vicious, insolent and disrespectful person toward them....

Buy, buy, buy what you think you'll want in the future.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Keep checking around for stuff I want but so many things are out of stock still.

Seems to me that the anti gun side has organzination and a zealous desire to get rid of guns. We, on the other hand, are disorganized. And just like any other battle in history, the more organized, prepared, and effective side will beat the side that is leaderless, unfocused, and disorganized.
We were lulled into a false sense of security behind the walls of the 2A fortress, whereas they went on offense. Just like the Maginot Line or Corregidor. Or Singapore. Or the Trojan Horse. Or a thousand examples in history where a well ensconced defender is defeated by a clever and determined attacker.

I honestly believe I will be dead or in prison within 2 years for refusing to surrender my firearms! I don't think I could look my grandchildren in the eye if they lose their future on my watch. I am watching my government in a blatant grab for centralized control of our lives...Just say NO!

I have seen on here for what ever reason NWF doesnt like Kevin Starrett from OFF. That said he is having a event in tigard w Dmitriy Sashchenko?

Seems to be a gathering for 114 conversation and organization..

I personally dont know either, or have an opinion of them, but their ememy is ours, so that atleast makes us allies! I will not be attending, i have family in from Utah.
But organizing is what we need if we have any chance to beat 114. If anyone goes please give update?
1660171506765.png

Yes, buy what you need now as dark times are indeed coming to Oregon for firearms owners. Watching the ballot title video was pretty eye-opening. It's plain to see that this is going to be ramrodded through due to it being wholly endorsed by Oregon politicians and being well funded from external sources. Zero fugs are given as to the unconstitutionality of this legislation. They are extremely well organized and in about two or so years from now OR will be the most firearm hostile state in the US.

Yes, buy what you need now as dark times are indeed coming to Oregon for firearms owners. Watching the ballot title video was pretty eye-opening. It's plain to see that this is going to be ramrodded through due to it being wholly endorsed by Oregon politicians and being well funded from external sources. Zero fugs are given as to the unconstitutionality of this legislation. They are extremely well organized and in about two or so years from now OR will be the most firearm hostile state in the US.
Agree and I think their new tactic will be/is? voter initiatives or mass quantities of laws, knowing they are likely unconstitutional and will be someday overturned (takes years for it to be overturned). But when they are overturned they can just make a new set of unconstitutional laws which will hold until they are legally challenged (years before that happens), and so on and so on. Seems that is the new tactic now that the 2-step review process (ie judges weighing the constitutional violation vs "the public good") has been shot down by scotus.

Seems to me we need some sort of fast track injunction process or fast track "test against the constitution" for these laws as soon as they pop up to stop this. The anti-gunners are exploiting the slow process of the courts.

I disagree, I believe it will be overturned. may take time but i bet we get a injunction at least to halt the measure pending upper courts..

Its pretty simple really, we can do what they did, start now for a Repeal 114 if need be. getting the required signatures would not be hard.. hard work but not hard..
Oregon had 418k background checks for firearm transfers in 2020 338k in 2021, not sure totals thus far.. even if you take in acct that possibly 1/3 f those are the same people buying multiple guns(3). that leaves 252k gun owners to sign up.. have petitions @ evey FFL in the state. We are the Militia!! we must stand for Constitution!

It certainly has me looking at a full size pistol and a bunch of standard capacity magazines for it. Otherwise I've been through enough bank scares to have purchases and or have just about anything I'd might want.

I'll do my part to vote and work against this passing, but I know in my soul it doesn't matter in OR, CA, WA anymore. They likely already have the needed ballots printed to ensure a win no matter how many conservatives send one in.

Me as well, bought 2 lowers i wasnt going to.but..... plan on building a 300blk and probably a pistol with the other.
Now gotta get 300blk mags.. i heard 556 pmags work ok but jam if not filed, so im just going to get some 300blk. plus cant have to many right?

Just being blunt here so sorry if it sounds crass
Blunt is a good thing in my mind but my money now goes to FPC and GOA as I have watched the NRA give the go ahead on many anti gun laws, like parts of the 94 ban and suggested the bump stock ban as well.

So I feel a different approach is needed as lobbying is not doing what it once did. I feel we have gained more in the last 5 years with GOA and FPC than in the last 40 with the NRA but that's just my opinion

We need to fight IP17 with everything we got. And we do have a growing body of case law from SCOTUS to challenge these BS statutes.

However, I've noticed when other states hit the final stages of circling the drain, these kinds of laws come about. So, yes, I think Oregon is largely a lost cause at this point, along with the rest of the west coast. How I wish it were not so, because it is a beautiful state; pity it was so thoroughly screwed up. 🙁

P.S. Have all the bases covered and then some with pews and magazines. Don't know what this crap will do to a final NFA project still stuck in dotgov land though. So, just riding it out, one way or another.

Second Amendment Foundation, Gun Owners of America, Firearms Policy Coalition, they have been doing far more with lawsuit cases than the NRA ILA group as far as I can see. But yes, Oregon is essentially a lost cause as conservatives are fleeing en masse from the State to places like Idaho, Wyoming, Texas, Montana, Tennessee, Arizona, and so forth.. but not near enough to offset the large numbers of former Californians moving through these same States.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top