JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I drop by an elderly neighbors house at least once a week to check on him and his wife.
They are both over 86 years old.
This man has worked hard all of his life. Raised four successful children, paid off a nice home and saved for retirement, all while working a blue collar job.
They lived through some tough times, but they never, ever expected anyone to give them a handout.
As I sit in their living room watching the nightly news with them, I am humbled by their generations sacrifice in making this country great, then trying to explain to them what went wrong in the following years.
I have come to the conclusion that a percentage of Americans don't know how or are not willing to work, either for themselves, or for the common good of the country and have no long term goals, other then get high and watching some dumb tv show to pass the time.

I never really ever started watching the news. I learned young that most of the things "reported" on the news was garbage. I catch some talk radio here and there and read a few things online, but at this point I think we all know where we are headed. Especially here in the northwest, it just seems things are so far down the crapper that it's irreversible. We just have to keep fighting the good fight and hope the good folks can reproduce enough to offset the influx of idiocracy. I just do what I can within my little world and concentrate on taking care of mine.

It's all perspective.

Imagine living through the 1850's....or the period of 1910-1920...or the Depression...or WWII.

Times in our country have been bad before, very bad. The whole 1832 election process...the Jacksonian years, before that the Whiskey Rebellion, the Sedition Act. We've even had a Vice President kill a Sec. of the Treasury before.

That's not to say we shouldn't be concerned, we should. We should be on guard, watching those who are in power, to ensure that they don't abuse that trust. We should encourage, nay, demand, that our fellows VOTE, not the lame 50% (or less) that do vote. And, we must REMEMBER, that this institution, this federation, has endured, and continues to endure, because of the strength of the American people.

As a brave man once said "'Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations, may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong.'" I would amend that to include her intercourse with her citizens as well.

I served the Federal government in the military and as a civil servant for over 27 years, and have seen good and bad presidents come and go. In time, this one will pass into history, just like the peanut farmer, the actor, the WWII navy pilot, the oily one, the W and the Obamanation. In the end, it will be the country that remains.

It is changing and changing FAST. I am only 48, with 25 years of military and civil service. While, I'm still proud to serve, I am now demonized by my government because I own firearms and am conservative, and mocked for my Christian beliefs. I have worked hard, gone to college, make a good living, have never been arrested, and have money in the bank, making me a convenient ATM machine for the government to withdraw funds from to finance God knows what without having any say in the matter. The government tries to influence what I drive, what I eat, the light bulbs in my house, what I can do on my property.......And now some states are rounding up guns from parents whose children even draw a PICTURE of a gun or point a finger and say "bang, your dead". For centuries children role-played, cops, cowboys, soldiers..........it prepared them for the roles of MANHOOD. Roles that preserved and protected the citizens of the republic...............................yes, I am ranting! I wouldn't be "another angry white man", if I could just be left alone to live my life. The incursions upon our liberty has been creeping for decades, but I do believe it is accelerating rapidly.

The enemy never sleeps. He starts a battle - we win, but always lose a little. He recovers and comes back for more. We win again, but give up a little bit more. We need to break the cycle and go on the offensive. After this battle is over and we give up that little bit, instead of licking our wounds and enjoying the few years of peace need to take it back to the enemy while he is still celebrating. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. Liberty is thus rented and never purchased. If we choose to stop paying the price, then we will lose our liberty. The enemy never sleeps, and neither can we. Never.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top