Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Are there times?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by rjakin, Apr 11, 2013.

1. rjakin

rjakin shedd New Member

Are there times when you cannot take watching your country go to crap?

2. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

All the bubblegum time. I just try to do my part to keep it sane.

3. rjakin

rjakin shedd New Member

My head is sure getting sore from beating it against the wall!

4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Good, then you must be experienced with drywall repairs. I've got a hole in a wall where one of the grandkids put his foot through it. A 20 rd box of .223 to fix it?

5. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

dont say that on a public forum..... :paranoid: thats signs of mental instability..... they want your guns now too :paranoid:

6. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

:(
    I'm pretty much numb at this point.

parallax and (deleted member) like this.
  7. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I drop by an elderly neighbors house at least once a week to check on him and his wife.
    They are both over 86 years old.
    This man has worked hard all of his life. Raised four successful children, paid off a nice home and saved for retirement, all while working a blue collar job.
    They lived through some tough times, but they never, ever expected anyone to give them a handout.
    As I sit in their living room watching the nightly news with them, I am humbled by their generations sacrifice in making this country great, then trying to explain to them what went wrong in the following years.
    I have come to the conclusion that a percentage of Americans don't know how or are not willing to work, either for themselves, or for the common good of the country and have no long term goals, other then get high and watching some dumb tv show to pass the time.

8. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

The people are getting the govt. they deserve. I'll be too old or dead before it goes completley down the toilet, If it wasn't for my kids I wouldn't give a damn anymore.

9. rjakin

rjakin shedd New Member

So I take it I am not alone .................... :laugh:

1 person likes this.
  10. rjakin

rjakin shedd New Member

I think this is bothering me the most. I understand what you are saying.

1 person likes this.
  11. mosinguy1

mosinguy1 out by the ocean Active Member

Everyday I just shake my head and look at my kids and tell them I will make sure they know how to survive and make sure thier moral compasses are turned the right direction.

12. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

honestly, every day, it makes me almost sick to my stomach, every time i see certain people on the news, its just bad, bad , bad. It is an honest to God shame to see how things are deteriorating.

13. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

No... You're not alone.

14. Mrand55

Mrand55 Salem Member

I never really ever started watching the news. I learned young that most of the things "reported" on the news was garbage. I catch some talk radio here and there and read a few things online, but at this point I think we all know where we are headed. Especially here in the northwest, it just seems things are so far down the crapper that it's irreversible. We just have to keep fighting the good fight and hope the good folks can reproduce enough to offset the influx of idiocracy. I just do what I can within my little world and concentrate on taking care of mine.

15. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

It's all perspective.

Imagine living through the 1850's....or the period of 1910-1920...or the Depression...or WWII.

Times in our country have been bad before, very bad. The whole 1832 election process...the Jacksonian years, before that the Whiskey Rebellion, the Sedition Act. We've even had a Vice President kill a Sec. of the Treasury before.

That's not to say we shouldn't be concerned, we should. We should be on guard, watching those who are in power, to ensure that they don't abuse that trust. We should encourage, nay, demand, that our fellows VOTE, not the lame 50% (or less) that do vote. And, we must REMEMBER, that this institution, this federation, has endured, and continues to endure, because of the strength of the American people.

As a brave man once said "'Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations, may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong.'" I would amend that to include her intercourse with her citizens as well.

I served the Federal government in the military and as a civil servant for over 27 years, and have seen good and bad presidents come and go. In time, this one will pass into history, just like the peanut farmer, the actor, the WWII navy pilot, the oily one, the W and the Obamanation. In the end, it will be the country that remains.

16. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Well, I agree with you about the taxes and social (in)security.

17. 9MilMan

9MilMan Milwaukie Active Member

It is changing and changing FAST. I am only 48, with 25 years of military and civil service. While, I'm still proud to serve, I am now demonized by my government because I own firearms and am conservative, and mocked for my Christian beliefs. I have worked hard, gone to college, make a good living, have never been arrested, and have money in the bank, making me a convenient ATM machine for the government to withdraw funds from to finance God knows what without having any say in the matter. The government tries to influence what I drive, what I eat, the light bulbs in my house, what I can do on my property.......And now some states are rounding up guns from parents whose children even draw a PICTURE of a gun or point a finger and say "bang, your dead". For centuries children role-played, cops, cowboys, soldiers..........it prepared them for the roles of MANHOOD. Roles that preserved and protected the citizens of the republic...............................yes, I am ranting! I wouldn't be "another angry white man", if I could just be left alone to live my life. The incursions upon our liberty has been creeping for decades, but I do believe it is accelerating rapidly.

18. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

The enemy never sleeps. He starts a battle - we win, but always lose a little. He recovers and comes back for more. We win again, but give up a little bit more. We need to break the cycle and go on the offensive. After this battle is over and we give up that little bit, instead of licking our wounds and enjoying the few years of peace need to take it back to the enemy while he is still celebrating. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. Liberty is thus rented and never purchased. If we choose to stop paying the price, then we will lose our liberty. The enemy never sleeps, and neither can we. Never.

9MilMan and (deleted member) like this.