JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
found it. But I'm confused it means everything BEFORE the (4) or AFTER.

RCW 9.41.113

(4) This section does not apply to:
(a) A transfer between immediate family members, which for this subsection shall be limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles, that is a bona fide gift;

transfers:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.113

Last Edited:
Transfers between immediate family members only applies to "bona fide gifts",

In addition transfers to spouses/domestic partners are legal only if:

"the temporary transfer occurs, and the firearm is kept at all times, at an established shooting range authorized by the governing body of the jurisdiction in which such range is located;"

Notice Public Property such as DNR lands nor Private Property listed.

"the temporary transfer occurs and the transferee's possession of the firearm is exclusively at a lawful organized competition involving the use of a firearm, or while participating in or practicing for a performance by an organized group that uses firearms as a part of the performance;"

"to a person who is under eighteen years of age for lawful hunting, sporting, or educational purposes while under the direct supervision and control of a responsible adult who is not prohibited from possessing firearms;"

"while hunting if the hunting is legal in all places where the person to whom the firearm is transferred possesses the firearm and the person to whom the firearm is transferred has completed all training and holds all licenses or permits required for such hunting, provided that any temporary transfer allowed by this subsection is permitted only if the person to whom the firearm is transferred is not prohibited from possessing firearms under state or federal law"

Or you could just do what I do and ignore this stupid thing!

I want to give my grandson most of my guns as I'm getting old and want to keep them in the family. I'm in Or and he's in Wa . I don't think that I should have to go thru all the BS just to pass them on. Still have time to see how this plays out.

I want to give my grandson most of my guns as I'm getting old and want to keep them in the family. I'm in Or and he's in Wa . I don't think that I should have to go thru all the BS just to pass them on. Still have time to see how this plays out.

I think setting up a Gun Trust might be your best course of action.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top