JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are several very talented builders on this forum. Some of us even build beyond AR's and AK's. But beyond the occasional thread about one of the aforementioned black rifles, we don't see many other build threads for some reason.

If you are looking for them, watch this section, the rifle section, and the curio and relic section. That's likely where you'll find them.

Welcome to the forum...

Howdy. Newer to this forum site. Been poking around. Like the site. Very nice. I'm on several other firearm forums as well but noticed I'm not seeing very many home builders. Or build threads. Or am I blind? By the way...thanks for having me.

welcome, what are you looking to build? Some of my 80%:

zF7nmlQ.jpg

I've built six of my own and two more on the shelf but was wondering, based on lack of build threads, how many enjoy the challenge? ARs are a no brainer. AKs are a little more involved but only take me a few hours to do. I'm liking one off, or close to it, custom builds. Any era.

Curious, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Mainly started from looking at 1911 blanks because nobody makes one precisely the way I want it... (A subtle redesign around the particular quirks of my neurology and biomechanics, and one that would allow a Left/Right pair without the odd-magazine problems or the old Safari and Randall Portsiders, or the weird fugly looks of that Dlask 11P1 thing.)

Welcome Aboard! Much knowledge to be found here! I do "Parts Kit" builds, 1911's, One off bolt guns, and resto work and I play with Black powder arms A LOT! Lots of really talented and gifted folks around here, Ask as much as you like, if we don't know, we can usually find out!

Welcome Aboard! Much knowledge to be found here! I do "Parts Kit" builds, 1911's, One off bolt guns, and resto work and I play with Black powder arms A LOT! Lots of really talented and gifted folks around here, Ask as much as you like, if we don't know, we can usually find out!
I recently got a para p14 1911 sarco casting. Are the dimensions the same as on a standard 1911 blueprint? Or do I need to find DA prints? As soon as I can find a .50BMG barrel I want and can afford I'd like to build a bolt action .50.

P14.45 non-LDA and the old F16.45GR Gunsmith Rebuild kit is basically the same action as Series 80 1911, just with a fatter grip for the doublestack mag.

At first my handed builds were going to be on Para doublestack frames, except that even before the handing question came up I couldn't get my mitts around that fat grip. So, back to "single action single-stack as JMB intended"...

Yes, the LDA Para are the same! Th DA are technically as well, but I wouldn't do one of those! I build my double stacks with the STI type 2011 frames and grips! A much better option ( also a lot more expensive) there are way more combinations that can be built with these 2011's then any of the other frame types! There is also Caspian with a double stack, but I have not built one of them, but I do use the slides from them! Check out our friend Bolus, he has a running thread on 1911's from 80% frames

I have the full govt 1911 prints. I would rather have a single action. I've owned a Springfield 1911 but this is the first ground up build of one for me. Trying to collect as much info as I can while I work on a couple of other builds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top