JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excuse my "foolishness" , I'm just an old man wroth with many prejudice and privilege's as I am told by the wise of the world so I am completely happy to inform all readers it will be prudent to discount my uninformed ramblings". I must admit though, my Apples make Pie just fine and will continue to spread misinformation through the world.
You sure talk pretty. :s0152:

Thorborg,

Wow... that's a lot of words for what was essentially, "oh yeah, says you." 🙄 But if you insist on believing everything written in personal journals and discounting all researched and vetted history books might I suggest the following for solid and believable personal records of the time... William Cody. It is a personal journal after all so it must all be true, especially that time he rode for the Pony Express. A great read for sure.

I will answer your this "

Are there any serious BP living history people in this group?

" with I'd say not as serious as you and that this thread sure seems to be all about how superior you are to the rest of us.

I will answer your this "

Are there any serious BP living history people in this group?

" with I'd say not as serious as you and that this thread sure seems to be all about how superior you are to the rest of us.
Kinda goes without saying, but okay. Thanks for the insight. 👍😆

This thread is an interesting topic and it's unfortunate that much of history has been forgotten and I feel like it would really be good if those with knowledge of the old ways would share it more freely instead of ridiculing those that aren't blessed to already know it.
i am that guy with the hidden cooler inside my authentic improved pyramid tent. my son and I would attend rendezvous to learn and improve our black powder knowledge and weekends were all we had, a precious three days on most occasions to immerse ourselves into primitive camping combined with the smell of black powder.
I am envious of those that can embrace and live a primitive lifestyle but as a single father of three kids it wasn't an option.
now that I am older and my business is on auto pilot I can enjoy more things and hee I am to get to know like minded folks.
Incidentally, I didn't have a Walmart Mexican blanket, my blanket was a faded olive drab clearance priced blanket from the Army surplus store!

Hey Brother. :)
Whatever turns you on. Personally, to me, firearms are machines, not a way of life.
Like any other machine, I have an interest in how they work and their development.
Shooting them is a learned skill set. A test of myself and my abilities.

As far as wanting to relive the past, (with the exception of maybe a couple of old girlfriends) :rolleyes: I've been there and it's gone.:s0092:

Last Edited:
Where do we know each other from...?
I ask....'cause I have always been interested in doing all things muzzle loading related the way it was done historically....
I'm confused...'cause this aspect of me...ain't new...so if you know me...you would know my love of history.

To lump me in with the folks that just go to rendezvous to get all rowdy and wear plastic beads on their war shirts...while using a muzzle loader that ain't anything at all historic....is wrong.

And while some folks do go to rendezvous like the above...I do not...in fact one reason why I started my display of antique muzzle loaders and related fur trade items is to give a better historical picture of just what was going on.

I have even done my display and given talks at the Museum of the Mountain Man in Pinedale Wy.
Where by the way they had to be Museum Curator approved.....

I don't mean to sound argumentative here...
I just don't like blanket statements...or being tossed into one.
Andy
Come on now Andy, don't be such a "wet blanket". 🤣

Excuse my ignorance but when the hell did crazy ol Joe Biden join the site, man that dude can tell some whoppers.

Welcome aboard Joe there will be ice-cream later.

Come on now Andy, don't be such a "wet blanket". 🤣
Waugh...
Wet wool blankets at rendezvous.
Poor doings for sure.

Well...
This child would be a pork eatin' ned if I didn't offer a dry blanket to someone....:D
Andy

Please note ...
In the interest of historical fact...
Not many "Mountain men" actually talked like that.
Many , were in fact fairly well read and educated for the time period.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top