JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unsure on the Anaconda but the Python's seem to have from awful to great triggers from the factory. My first Python had a great trigger right out of the box which seems to be far from the norm. A buddy talked me out of that Python and I replaced it with another about 6-months later. My second Python had an embarrassment for a trigger and did exactly what is described in this article: https://exhaustnotes.us/blog/index.php/2021/02/17/a-tj-trigger-for-my-new-python/

One other item that can be an issue on the new production Python's is in regards to the rear site which can come loose. Easy fixes can be found via a google search or you can go with an upgraded sight from Wilson Combat.

My second Python was corrected to how it should have come from the factory by McCluskey Arms who did an excellent trigger job on it. Other than the trigger that I had to deal with I love everything else about the gun. It has great fit and finish, is very accurate and has been without issue. Mine is the 6" and I like it enough I am considering adding the 4.25" version even knowing that I will need to have the trigger corrected.

All comments are in regards to recent production Colt Python's and not the original production Python's.

Unsure on the Anaconda but the Python's seem to have from awful to great triggers from the factory. My first Python had a great trigger right out of the box which seems to be far from the norm. A buddy talked me out of that Python and I replaced it with another about 6-months later. My second Python had an embarrassment for a trigger and did exactly what is described in this article: https://exhaustnotes.us/blog/index.php/2021/02/17/a-tj-trigger-for-my-new-python/

One other item that can be an issue on the new production Python's is in regards to the rear site which can come loose. Easy fixes can be found via a google search or you can go with an upgraded sight from Wilson Combat.

My second Python was corrected to how it should have come from the factory by McCluskey Arms who did an excellent trigger job on it. Other than the trigger that I had to deal with I love everything else about the gun. It has great fit and finish, is very accurate and has been without issue. Mine is the 6" and I like it enough I am considering adding the 4.25" version even knowing that I will need to have the trigger corrected.

All comments are in regards to recent production Colt Python's and not the original production Python's.
Alas for Colt. The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be.

I threw in the towel and simply purchased a Super Blackhawk 44 at 4 5/8" and I am very happy. Shoots like a charm. Balance is great. Non fluted cylinder so maybe handles stiffer loads. Handling is great. I doubt I will go for the Colt 4" and 44" .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top