JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are there any such beasts left out there, in the wild?

What precludes Gov Inslee from re-opening his NG facilities and to provide their instructors, to facilitate and provide the kind of training opportunities that was intended for the unorganized miltia of WA (everyone else left in WA who is 18 or older, and not in the NG or state guard?

Politics. (Which is why I am asking this, here...)

The legal authority is already there. I can't recall ever seeing an instance where his Adjutant General has actually used his discretion to open facilities up for this:

"... 38.20.010

Regulations governing armories.

Except as provided in this section, state-owned armories shall be used strictly for military purposes.

(5) Civilian rifle clubs affiliated with the National Rifle Association of America are permitted to use small arms ranges in the armories at least one night each week under regulations prescribed by the adjutant general.

..." -- http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=38.20&full=true

I dunno, but it seems to me that civilian marksmanship training, whether NRA affiliate or CPL, WOULD be a legitimate "Public Interest" use. Hmmm... maybe I should fire off a note to the one of my two reps I actually RESPECT about it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top