JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about a background check card that you simply show to the seller? It gets renewed every year. No need to do a check at every purchase, nor to record purchased firearm information.

Doesn't IL already have this? I believe it is called an FOID card......... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOID_(firearms)

There is also a CPL.

Or you could always just follow current Federal law which requires neither.......

On rules/law in general I heard this quote in a book I recent listened to;

I note one proposal to make this Congress a two-house body. Excellent — the more impediments to legislation the better. But, instead of following tradition, I suggest one house of legislators, another whose single duty is to repeal laws. Let the legislators pass laws only with a two-thirds majority... while the repealers are able to cancel any law through a mere one-third minority. Preposterous? Think about it. If a bill is so poor that it cannot command two-thirds of your consents, is it not likely that it would make a poor law? And if a law is disliked by as many as one-third is it not likely that you would be better off without it? http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Moon_Is_a_Harsh_Mistress

We need to be removing more laws, not just adding to the ever growing list that literally makes it impossible to know if you are breaking a law or not. When it comes to just firearms there are over 40,000 (the most commonly quoted number)............

I have been thinking of this for a little while and the only conclusion I have come to over and over is the following;

The only new gun law needed would prohibit the passage of more gun laws, period.

But the OP wanted to know what law would affect only criminals. However this has been answered roundly throughout the thread. There aren't any.

Change from Shall Issue to Constitutional Carry.

Define what an adult is - for all criminal laws.
- cause sometimes it is because the prosecutor says it is (15 and charged as an adult...)
- sometimes 16
- sometimes 18
- sometimes 21.

I am ok with having administrative rules for other than one age, but criminal should be all of them.

I got one... Should a person have to defend themselves, the aggressor or aggressors family, cannot file a civil suit against the victim.... PERIOD.....

This is actually a very important one that OR currently lacks.

As it is, a person can legitimately and with absolute justification take a life in a defensive shoot, but be brought to complete financial ruin by vindictive family of the deceased BG.

Change from Shall Issue to Constitutional Carry.

Define what an adult is - for all criminal laws.
- cause sometimes it is because the prosecutor says it is (15 and charged as an adult...)
- sometimes 16
- sometimes 18
- sometimes 21.

I am ok with having administrative rules for other than one age, but criminal should be all of them.
Don't forget Shall Issue for Nonresidents--Wyoming calls themselves "Constitutional Carry" but it's really so only for residents. Alaska Carry would be nice...

Do away with unconstitutional concealed carry permits. Anyone who is legally allowed to possess a firearm should be able to carry open or concealed without having to pay to exercise that right.

I think that law making it mandatory for all legal citizens to carry would put a dent in the bad guys trouble making. Eventually they would go elsewhere or be killed off!. But then that would be in a perfect world LOL.

Take that guy that just shot the Vancouver cop yesterday. His choice if convicted should be life in prison or castration in exchange for being released early in 2044. That law would affect criminals that harm people with firearms in a most positive manner.

................. I suggest one house of legislators, another whose single duty is to repeal laws. Let the legislators pass laws only with a two-thirds majority... while the repealers are able to cancel any law through a mere one-third minority. ............

I really like the way you think!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads