JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We saw swift legal action in other states and a number of governors backed down.

I was talking with someone at the Firearms Policy Coalition about the status of any legal activity and was told that gun stores haven't closed in Washington state as a result of the governor's proclamation.

Is anyone aware of gun stores that have closed down out of fear of violating the essential business designation?

No doubt this whole mess will keep lawyers busy for the next decade. I am sure there will be a lot of actions aimed at a lot of these law people who turned into little tyrants as soon as they thought they could get away with it. When some of this gets to the high courts this could get real interesting.

Some closed down or went to limited operations. Others ignored the orders just added some rules to help people be careful.
I think because Inslee and the mayors that tried it didn't push it no law suits were needed. The problem in the other states were those officials were sicking the police on those store owners. Those clowns got lawsuits threatened. Also, why Trump got a push to specifically mention Gun stores as essentials.

The other side benefit has been that a bunch more people realized just how many stupid laws are ont eh books that prevent people from obtaining self defense firearms without stupid and unnecessary delays.

We saw swift legal action in other states and a number of governors backed down.

I was talking with someone at the Firearms Policy Coalition about the status of any legal activity and was told that gun stores haven't closed in Washington state as a result of the governor's proclamation.

Is anyone aware of gun stores that have closed down out of fear of violating the essential business designation?
Sharp shooting in Spokane closed for everything except gun pickup

At least one home business FFL near me I know personally won't do business. Here's the letter sent to inslee & ferguson from GOA in case some haven't seen it.

Dan

GOA-Letter-to-Washington-Governor-April-7-2020_Page_1.jpg GOA-Letter-to-Washington-Governor-April-7-2020_Page_2.jpg GOA-Letter-to-Washington-Governor-April-7-2020_Page_3.jpg GOA-Letter-to-Washington-Governor-April-7-2020_Page_4.jpg

When election time rolls around heads are gonna roll...
I would sure as hell have to hope so. So many who have long wanted total control really let go this time. With many of them the mask did not slip, they proudly threw the mask on the ground. If this does not wake up a LOT of voters, who for decades have told those of us warning of this we were foil hats, nothing will.

I would sure as hell have to hope so. So many who have long wanted total control really let go this time. With many of them the mask did not slip, they proudly threw the mask on the ground. If this does not wake up a LOT of voters, who for decades have told those of us warning of this we were foil hats, nothing will.
Nothing will.

I'm not a legal scholar not did I stay at a quality inn last night, but....

There is Supreme Court precedence that states that businesses that deal with Constitutionally protected rights are not exempt from generally applicable regulations.

Associated Press vs NLRB for example.

Also, in my opinion only, since the Second Amendment doesn't require strict constitutional scrutiny when reviewed by the Courts, the liberal faction of the Federal Court System will determine that since Governor Inslee didn't enforce closures on FFLs, he didn't in fact close them.

User 'Honor' says in part:
"Is anyone aware of gun stores that have closed down out of fear of violating the essential business designation?"

Washington state: Many of the Mom and Pop gun stores are staying open on limited hours and days, doing social distancing. The three Cabelas stores in Washington are still closed. Oregon and Idaho stores are still open. Each store has a separate home page, so you can check whether your local outlet is open or not, but as of April 29, all WA Cabelas remain closed. What baloney.

I recently picked up the Pietta BP version of the 36 cal 1851 Navy. Had to drive to Oregon to do it. It's a 350 mile round trip from my house. Pfft. And that Cabelas had a decent number of customers going, and a very good social distancing system set up. You could shop anywhere in the store staying reasonably apart. If you wanted gun counter service, they take your name and call you on the cell. You get a number. You go to the counter. I only had to wait about fifteen minutes...and that one-on-one, just me-and-you service was great.

Just a note, but when I saw these Pietta BP revolvers in person, I understood why so many people go for the Colt versions, rather than Remingtons, although the Rems have their fans. Those Rems are a lot bigger and heavier than they look in the pictures from your computer. More like dragoons or something. The Colts are leaner and meaner I think.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top