Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Are there any good makers of custom stocks here in the PacNW?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by raftman, Jun 6, 2012.

1. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So here's thing. CZ and Zastava both make 7.62x39 bolt action carbines utilizing an action that's a shrunk-down Mauser action scaled to 7.62x39 cartridge. These are sporter rifles with sporter stocks and it occurred to me it that it would be nifty to have something like that but in a military type stock so as to more closely resembles the old military Mausers rather than having it look like a new production hunting rifle. Yes I realize it will increase weight and all that, but it doesn't matter to me.

Is there anyone in this corner of the country that can do that sort of work, and do it well?

2. sprocket3

sprocket3 Oregon - Wet Side Member

I was looking into this for a 6 / 6.5 mm based on a CZ 7.62 short action. It got real expensive by the time it was all put together. I would love to have a 527 CZ in a 6mm or 6.5 of some sort, but you will pay a fair price. There are not many options for CZ stocks as well. I have no idea on Zastava. You cann't get just the action from CZ in 7.62 like you can in the other sizes so have to buy a full gun to start with.

3. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I pretty much assumed I will have to buy the full gun to start with, and am willing to do that. They're not terribly expensive from what I understand. I was just wondering if there is a local business that is willing and able to make an old school military-style stock for such a firearm.