JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live around Washougal and was looking for places that I could take both rifles and pistols to that was either extremely cheap (maybe $5 a visit) or free. I used to go to one in Colorado that was maintained by volunteers in a gun club on property that had been donated to them, and I was hoping that something similar had happened somewhere around here. Maybe an hour or two max drive? I'm wanting an actual range with distances marked to help me learn my bullet drops at those ranges.

What you might wanna consider is investing in one of those laser measuring tools and maybe your own target stand (and a buddy would prob help too) so you can accurately place your targets. Then you could just find some nice spots up on larch mt or in the mts somewhere safe and practice for the cost of fuel and ammo anytime.

What you might wanna consider is investing in one of those laser measuring tools and maybe your own target stand (and a buddy would prob help too) so you can accurately place your targets. Then you could just find some nice spots up on larch mt or in the mts somewhere safe and practice for the cost of fuel and ammo anytime.

That's been my other consideration lately. I've seen some "probably will work" laser range finders for as low as $100 new

Darn didnt realize there so spendy well another option maybe those wheel things they used to measure property with might find one on Craigslist. No need for batterys! And you could do it with one person instead of two!

Darn didnt realize there so spendy well another option maybe those wheel things they used to measure property with might find one on Craigslist. No need for batterys! And you could do it with one person instead of two!

Back when I was a starving college student and spent my free time blowing off rounds at the range I used a ball of twine. Measured off every 5 feet up to 25, then every 25 after that, and put a sticker on it with the measurement. Then at the range I'd stick a tent stake in the ground and stick the twine on it and measure out what I needed. Simple, cheap and reusable.

Back when I was a starving college student and spent my free time blowing off rounds at the range I used a ball of twine. Measured off every 5 feet up to 25, then every 25 after that, and put a sticker on it with the measurement. Then at the range I'd stick a tent stake in the ground and stick the twine on it and measure out what I needed. Simple, cheap and reusable.

As an engineering student.... why in the (insert your choice word) didn't I think of that? Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top