JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im seeking known FFLs that are still taking online purchases dispite a possible wait.
If you dont want to give out that info, please PM me!! Im in the Hillsboro/Forest Grove area.. willing to travel.

Im simply after one rifle from PSA. I have my CHL, despite the BGC now taking 3-4 days even for those WITH CHLs..

Please PM me. Ive called numerous stores today. No luck.
My order will be placed probably on the 15th-16th this next week IF I can get it in time.

You could try talking to Neal at Gun Pro in Springfield. I heard him field this exact question twice on the phone today and he sounds like he's plowing forward

Shops that quit on us at this time of need should be abandoned.
Make a list and never return.
They are quitting on us when times are challenging, making even harder.

<Sigh> while this sounds great you have to see what you are asking for. Gun owners by LARGE percentages sit on their hands and allow these kind of laws to pass. Every time one does a lot of gun owners want to punish everyone except the people who do this. Its easy for some gun owners to say hold the line and ignore the laws when they have no skin in the game. People who own a business watch as a LOT of gun owners refuse to even bother to vote, yet they are supposed to risk their business to try to save the people who could not be bothered to not toss their ballot in the trash? :s0092:

Serious question:

How do you propose to differentiate between shops that are just 'quitting on us' and those that have done everything humanly possible and have reached the limit of what they can physically do?

Serious question:

How do you propose to differentiate between shops that are just 'quitting on us' and those that have done everything humanly possible and have reached the limit of what they can physically do?
stopping transfers??
the shops that gouge in these times
its not hard to see, check their websites, give them a call. if they remain open and help process transfers up to the end they care enough to do that, but to give up and stop processing transfers all together....
if you dont see it, I doubt i can show you.

Is the transfer fee paid up front prior to completion?

Serious question.

That would be a good reason not to do too many that likely will not go through.
Lots of work giving refunds for free, these people are running a business.

Burning down the FFL's plays right into Lefty's hand.

stopping transfers??
the shops that gouge in these times
its not hard to see, check their websites, give them a call. if they remain open and help process transfers up to the end they care enough to do that, but to give up and stop processing transfers all together....
if you dont see it, I doubt i can show you.
Right there with you on gouging, but storage space is a real issue, they can't just leave them sitting around. :s0092:

Right there with you on gouging, but storage space is a real issue, they can't just leave them sitting around. :s0092:
Agreed. And thats why I completely understand just why they are halting it. They could wind up with tens of thousands of dollars worth of products THEY are responsible for on top of storage space it takes (that they aren't getting paid for) until the system resolves and people can be processed.

Agreed. And thats why I completely understand just why they are halting it. They could wind up with tens of thousands of dollars worth of products THEY are responsible for on top of storage space it takes (that they aren't getting paid for) until the system resolves and people can be processed.
Add to that, what happens if they have these safes full of firearms that are just stuck in transfer limbo and with no sales they go out of business, will they be forced to maintain an FFL and secure storage? Not like they can just transfer the guns to another dealer, all their safes are stuffed as well.

Add to that, what happens if they have these safes full of firearms that are just stuck in transfer limbo and with no sales they go out of business, will they be forced to maintain an FFL and secure storage? Not like they can just transfer the guns to another dealer, all their safes are stuffed as well.
Yep! Agreed.
Lots and lots of risks on the FFLs including a legal logistics nightmare should they close.

Most of us could have placed that order or done that transfer four months ago just in case 114 passed. Me included. I was not willing to take the risk then of buying a gun or two that I don't need or have time to shoot now but may want later. And that was a small risk compared with the amount of risk a gun store takes by operating in such a way now as to entangle themselves in possibly impossible paperwork or gun storage problems that might last for a year or more...Until there are mechanisms set up to get permits to buy. It took many months to get even a routine CHP renewal in Benton County last year. And that was a system that already existed, and involves much smaller numbers. I kinda doubt most of us will find it possible to get a permit to buy anything in less than 6 months to a year. Maybe much longer, since the dem powers-that-be would prefer private citizens to be unable to buy guns at all.

We need to be hoping that most of the gun stores and firing ranges survive the next year and are profitable enough to remain in business thereafter. Not b!tch if they don't operate in a way that we think we want them to now that could cost them greater problems or risk during the next year. They are not going to be able to sell any guns unless or until Oregon makes permits to buy available and serious numbers of people have them. What if that takes a year or two or three? Or until we can start an initiative and undo 114? General stores such as BiMart can just quit selling guns for a year or two or three. But what about dedicated gun stores? Many are likely to go out of business first. I think its time to ask not what our favorite gun store can do for us. Ask what we can do for our favorite gun store.

Im seeking known FFLs that are still taking online purchases dispite a possible wait.
If you dont want to give out that info, please PM me!! Im in the Hillsboro/Forest Grove area.. willing to travel.

Im simply after one rifle from PSA. I have my CHL, despite the BGC now taking 3-4 days even for those WITH CHLs..

Please PM me. Ive called numerous stores today. No luck.
My order will be placed probably on the 15th-16th this next week IF I can get it in time.
Give Lincoln City Sporting Goods a call.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top