Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Are Saiga Triggers Adjustable?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by cascadianliberty2012, Nov 13, 2013.

1. cascadianliberty2012

cascadianliberty2012 DPR Portland Well-Known Member

I haven't found a clear answer elsewhere, so I'll ask here: are the stock Saiga Triggers Adjustable? Mine is way too long for me... I have the 308 model btw. Thanks!

2. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

The problem is the Saiga 308s have that horrible trigger linkage to use the "hunting" style stock. Most people convert them to the standard (pistol grip) config. so you can use a standard AK style trigger. It's very easy and cheap to do and makes the trigger worlds better.

3. cascadianliberty2012

So any standard AK trigger would work? Any suggested model?

4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

No.
    The best option is a full conversion. Move the FCG forward, then you can utilize a two stage or adjustable FCG.
    Check out the Saiga-12 forum for all your possible info on the matter.

5. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Most people go with a Tapco G2 or Arsenal FCG (fire control group), but there are others. The hole for the traditional AK FCG location is already in the receiver since receivers these started out as AKs before being neutered for our country. Most of them also have the square hole already there for bolting in a pistol grip. Lots of info on the Saiga forums, check out this thread: Easiest Way to convert a Saiga .308 - Saiga .308 - forum.Saiga-12.com
    Be careful though, after you do one and see how easy it is you'll want to do more.

The Klinton plate that is mandated for importation (this pic is about halfway through removing it) by drilling out a couple rivets and grinding the spot welds down enough to pry them off:
    PlateOff.jpg
    After removal and a shot of black paint (wood stove paint works well and matches the parkerized finish pretty close:
    saigaklintonplateremoveds.jpg

PlateOff.jpg

saigaklintonplateremoveds.jpg

6. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

If you do the full conversion, Red Star Arms makes adjustable triggers.

Red Star Arms Inc.

Keith

7. Cryogaijin

Cryogaijin Portland New Member

I have a Dinzag modified tapco g2 on mine. Best trigger of any of my rifles.

8. cascadianliberty2012

Thanks everyone, I'm liking what I hear about the Dinzag, what modifications are needed if I go that route? And is the right part on this page: dinzagarms