JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to go to Browns camp with a few buddies. But have heard it is closed and they are mining the pit. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

I saw someone posted a flyer that said no smoking or fires but didn't say shooting was banned.

Dave

Target shooting in the woods in Washington is closed due to fire danger. The Rangers and DNR folks were out ticketing people this weekend. No warning either. If you didn't read about it in the paper you were screwed.

AND I believe I mentioned this before but do NOT hang targets on live trees - I was with a friend who was camping a few weeks ago and a FS LEO drove up and saw some targets hanging on a tree and chewed our azzes over it as well as checked him for fire suppression stuff (in compliance) and ran his DL and literally spent about a 1/2 hour doing so - the cadet he had with him may have had something to do with the time spent on site but the target hanging on the live tree was the 'big' issue......

its open

8061310157_b22cbc48c3_c.jpg

we took 2 44gal trash bags full of stuff out that we did not bring. please pack your stuff out. we lef tthe left over pumpkin jizz as it will return to the earth lol....

Target shooting in the woods in Washington is closed due to fire danger. The Rangers and DNR folks were out ticketing people this weekend. No warning either. If you didn't read about it in the paper you were screwed.

Hmmm tons of people up shooting today in Snoqualmie forest...including me. I checked the website for closures and didn't see anything recent. Lots of quads/bikes up there too

No-shooting and no campfire ban is being heavily enforced up here in WA national Forest too.
They're ticketing dirt bikes and quads without USFS approved spark arrestors as well.

Even my regular outdoor gun range is shut down. Think it's been 80 some days now since we had any rain in the area.

Some advice for shooters going into the woods in Oregon. Since fire restrictions are in place you may want to carry a gallon of water and a shovel in your vehicle. I know when my family cut wood, we were required to at all times and I have heard other who were just in the woods were cited for not having in during the elevated fire danger. I have never been able to get a straight answer on whether or not it's required, so it goes in the truck when I head up even just to drive around.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top