Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Are places closed to shooting this weekend? The 6th of oct.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Brewpubeaver, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver Portland OR Active Member

Looking to go to Browns camp with a few buddies. But have heard it is closed and they are mining the pit. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

I saw someone posted a flyer that said no smoking or fires but didn't say shooting was banned.

Dave

2. xtratoy

xtratoy Vancouver USA Active Member

Target shooting in the woods in Washington is closed due to fire danger. The Rangers and DNR folks were out ticketing people this weekend. No warning either. If you didn't read about it in the paper you were screwed.

3. Brewpubeaver

Looks like Oregon is open as long as you have the proper fire suppression stuff

4. Armchair Operator

Armchair Operator Beaverton Active Member

Looking to get out to Browns Camp this weekend as well. Is the pit open?

5. th0rr

th0rr Portland New Member

It was open 2 weeks ago when I was last up there on a Sunday.

6. jeeves

jeeves SE Portland New Member

7. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

AND I believe I mentioned this before but do NOT hang targets on live trees - I was with a friend who was camping a few weeks ago and a FS LEO drove up and saw some targets hanging on a tree and chewed our azzes over it as well as checked him for fire suppression stuff (in compliance) and ran his DL and literally spent about a 1/2 hour doing so - the cadet he had with him may have had something to do with the time spent on site but the target hanging on the live tree was the 'big' issue......

8. Brewpubeaver

its open

8061310157_b22cbc48c3_c.jpg

we took 2 44gal trash bags full of stuff out that we did not bring. please pack your stuff out. we lef tthe left over pumpkin jizz as it will return to the earth lol....

9. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

Hmmm tons of people up shooting today in Snoqualmie forest...including me. I checked the website for closures and didn't see anything recent. Lots of quads/bikes up there too

10. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

people still read newspapers?

11. Truenorth

Truenorth Pacific Northwet Active Member

No-shooting and no campfire ban is being heavily enforced up here in WA national Forest too.
    They're ticketing dirt bikes and quads without USFS approved spark arrestors as well.

Even my regular outdoor gun range is shut down. Think it's been 80 some days now since we had any rain in the area.

12. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Some advice for shooters going into the woods in Oregon. Since fire restrictions are in place you may want to carry a gallon of water and a shovel in your vehicle. I know when my family cut wood, we were required to at all times and I have heard other who were just in the woods were cited for not having in during the elevated fire danger. I have never been able to get a straight answer on whether or not it's required, so it goes in the truck when I head up even just to drive around.

13. Brewpubeaver

We asked the Sherrif that was driving around up there. he was pretty cool, he saw our fire extiguishers and said we were on the the right side of the law :)

14. hoody

hoody Tigard/Beaverton area Active Member

I bought a nice camp shovel (8" blade and 26" overall) at Bi-Mart for $15. Perfect size to just leave in truck.

15. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

Thats a good idea, to take along a good sized fire extinguisher to handle any problem, plus the shovel. I will add that to my list of stuff to pack in for shooting.