JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is Sightron a brand that most folks are just not familiar with? I thought that it was a common brand. I have owned and used 4 Sightron scopes over the years, and they have all been really great quality scopes for the money.

In selling off my scopes left over from my gun collection, no one has been interested in the Sightron that I have had listed this past month in the classifieds. I've now sold all of the other scopes that I have posted, except for it. The Nikon, Leupold, Weaver, Millet, and Swift are now all gone.

I just don't get it. Is the Sightron brand just not that well know?

I have never owned one - I have all the others you mentioned but the swift. To me sightron is not as common. Do they have a life time warranty?

Well, apparently this model I have is still available new from some eBay sellers, and is selling there for $480 to $530 I originally paid $445 for it.

You suppose that I would have more luck selling it at a gunshow, where people could actually examine the scope and look through it? The price that I am offering it at is already ridiculously low. I'm not going to lower it yet another time, even if it means tossing it in the garbage.

I would try a website that is more focused on hunting and had more exposure.

Well, that is a sad fact, that hunting is a dying sport. And the truth is that when hunting is dead, our gun rights will then be dead too.

Do you have any suggestions for websites that focus on hunting? I was hoping to sell this locally here in Oregon. I sold all of the rest of my scopes here just fine. This is the only one that no one has picked up. People who have responded to my ads have come across as being totally unfamiliar with the Sightron brand. This is a quality 3-12x, which is an extremely versatile zoom range, that is just about ideal for any big game hunting.

I cannot seem to be able to post it on Facebook. They keep rejecting any ad for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to sell it online, I am all ears.

Do you have any suggestions for websites that focus on hunting? I was hoping to sell this locally here in Oregon. I sold all of the rest of my scopes here just fine. This is the only one that no one has picked up. People who have responded to my ads have come across as being totally unfamiliar with the Sightron brand. This is a quality 3-12x, which is an extremely versatile zoom range, that is just about ideal for any big game hunting.

I cannot seem to be able to post it on Facebook. They keep rejecting any ad for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to sell it online, I am all ears.

I would try SnipersHide. They focus on optics.

@SKrueger , here's the link:
WTS OR - Price Reduction - 3 Great Hunting scopes + 1 Tactical illuminated

@Lance Jacobs -- I've heard of Sightron, have one myself. The Big Sky and especially SIII series are known for their quality and clarity. At $170, I'd consider yours a smokin' deal. I haven't jumped myself due to lots-o-money going to attorneys.
On the bad side, the one I have, a SII 3-9x42, is a dog, and it sits on the rifle I shoot the least. The optics fogged on my first hunting trip. I sent it in for repair and they said nothing was wrong. Compare it side-by-side with my Leupold VXII (older series) and there is no comparison. IIRC, the 3-12 (your model) was much more expensive. I picked mine up for ~$150, a testament that you get what you pay for.

Last Edited:
@SKrueger , here's the link:
WTS OR - Price Reduction - 3 Great Hunting scopes + 1 Tactical illuminated

@Lance Jacobs -- I've heard of Sightron, have one myself. The Big Sky and especially SIII series are known for their quality and clarity. At $170, I'd consider yours a smokin' deal. I haven't jumped myself due to lots-o-money going to attorneys.
On the bad side, the one I have, a SII 3-9x42, is a dog, and it sits on the rifle I shoot the least. The optics fogged on my first hunting trip. I sent it in for repair and they said nothing was wrong. Compare it side-by-side with my Leupold VXII (older series) and there is no comparison. IIRC, the 3-12 was much more expensive. I picked mine up for ~$150, a testament that you get what you pay for.

thank you

I bought a Sightron SIII 8-32x56, 8 or so years back. I think at the time I paid $900 for it. I was not impressed at all. In my opinion the scope was almost useless over 22ish power. I ended up having to send it back for repair with only have a few dozen rounds shot with it, because it was loosing its zero and the turrets were mushy. They did repair the scope and it was fine after that, so it told me their quality control was poor to non existent.

Well, that is a sad fact, that hunting is a dying sport. And the truth is that when hunting is dead, our gun rights will then be dead too.

I'll PM you

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top