JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would think more people would be buying their dream guns now that it's gone away for a while. I mean we know this crap will probably be back in a few years so wouldn't people still be buying everything that could be banned in the next few years?

I haven't bought a new gun since it started, all the money I would have spent on something like that went towards fighting ip43. So I know for me personally this means I'll be doing more business at the local gun store.

With that in mind maybe I'll pick their brains when I am there this next month celebrating the death of it by buying more things to make the antis cry. (I'm not sure their stance)

My idea of a local gun store has continued to change in recent years. Now it means not a big box store and not an online store.

I see the a lot of current home based LGS as supplementing their income or a hobby. I don't expect them to have any super powers in the political arena. This is a case where we all (gun owners) bleed the same. I can't see LGS benefiting over this or any gun restricting.

Who ever hasn't acquired the basics of what they need by this point really has no room to cry. The fight is to keep what you have. That shouldn't cost anything or provide a profit to anyone...in theory at least.

Who ever hasn't acquired the basics of what they need by this point really has no room to cry. The fight is to keep what you have. That shouldn't cost anything or provide a profit to anyone...in theory at least.

What about those just getting into it or even that group of young adults some other group is trying f' over? You know, those 18-20 year olds that are old enough to die for their country but not old enough to buy booze, smokes, or as some would have it, guns & ammo.

In another thread someone made the comment you will never see an LGS speak out against background checks.

I asked for an LGS to speak up and prove us wrong, none did.

The truth is its a revenue stream they really needed and will not help abolish. Whether it's an existing law or a new one. If it generates revenue, like gun safe sales, I'm not sure we will hear much from them.

They should get involved in politics when it deals with their main source business.

I am trying to figure out why many of them don't seem to be actively/publicly fighting the gun bans. I can't tell you their reasoning.

And who are you or anyone else that a LGS, or anyone else for that matter, should justify their actions or lack thereof?

I much as I completely despise liberal f'tards and they crap pull, I don't see them so quick to throw each other under the bus.

Assuming you watch the news you do realize that Portland can litterally riot and burn things down with virtually no reprocussions, right? Additionally, that loads of Portlanders have no jobs and will sit at a "protest" for days as long as mommy and daddy keep sending checks? If you were a small business owner would you want the media skewing what you said and end up with a bunch of crazy people at your door?

Honestly, I'm not sure whether to be offended (I previously ran an LGS) or to just roll my eyes with a, "what the bubblegum is this guy babbling about?" Why should an LGS get the extra burden of having to do our political legwork? How many people on this forum actually did ANYTHING to fight IP43? They had nothing to lose and still didn't do bubblegum. I know I sound hostile, but you are being pretty heavy handed with the judgemental pendulum.

Here is the thing, does this king of crap increase sales, absolutely; but it's a temporary blip. Once this thing passed thousands of people would have lost their jobs and/or business. The people who own and work at LGSs are gun owners just like you and me. They don't want any new restrictions just like you or I don't.

Worth repeating.

What about those just getting into it or even that group of young adults some other group is trying f' over? You know, those 18-20 year olds that are old enough to die for their country but not old enough to buy booze, smokes, or as some would have it, guns & ammo.

Exactly, I mean yeah I'm good cause I'm older and have acquired enough prosperity in my life to be able to afford the guns I wanted. The idea of well I've got mine so screw those younger or poorer guys is kinda selfish. (I have many people in my life that fit into that category) Plus I'm not sure I'll ever be done. I live very much by the joked about comment Larry Potterfield made which was "how many guns does one man need" and the response being "at least one more".

As I'm getting older I'm appreciating older things, some guys get into collecting antique cars, I'm getting into antique guns. My sphere of collectors grade firearms and the categories we are already fiscally or legislatively barred from owning is getting larger and I'm not OK with that. Back 100 years ago my grand daddy could own what his grand daddy used fighting for what he believed in with this country and you can't do that anymore. Hell now they are going after civilian arms so what, my kids won't be able to own what his grand daddy used to defend his home? Let alone what he used when serving his country.

So yes I will be buying up anything I can that might be a prohibited category that looks interesting in the next few years as well as preparing myself better financially for the impending storm that is brewing. And for all those antis that think that there has been no gun control in the last 100 years, start learning history, and you will see why so many like myself have become no compromise. The laws created have done no good other then to make good people suffer. We suffer for the actions of criminals, and that, is wrong.

The way I see it, LGS folk work all week long.

You know, trying to make a living.

Many of them probably spend there off time, what little they have, just like everyone else, with family.

Mind that many of them also spend there weekends at gun shows as well. Pack time, drive time, set up time, take down time, drive time again, unpack time.

Also, again, and the way I see it, the folks who try to mess around with what everyone else should do or should have, or not do or not have, do not work a "real job". Students, politicians, religious "folk", folk with the summer off....Folk who really do not live, but rather want to direct how everyone else should...

So, suffice it to say, I would imagine that EVERY LGS has opinions on this as well as every other anti proposal...but they're too busy making a living to be able to spend the time to be seen as vocal as the OP might like.

The way I see it, LGS folk work all week long.

<snip>

So, suffice it to say, I would imagine that EVERY LGS has opinions on this as well as every other anti proposal...but they're too busy making a living to be able to spend the time to be seen as vocal as the OP might like.

I was at my LGS a couple weeks and over 1/2 of the time I was there he was on the phone explaining to some buffoon that was too lazy to do their own research exactly what IP43 & 44 were all about, their current status, etc. all solid and correct information. In between calls, he told me they had been taking calls like that regularly, people calling them for info, not business. I know I'd be pretty sick of it at the end of the day and would not be really interested in continuing during my off time.

Last Edited:
And who are you or anyone else that a LGS, or anyone else for that matter, should justify their actions or lack thereof?

I much as I completely despise liberal f'tards and they crap pull, I don't see them so quick to throw each other under the bus.
The LGS's don't have to justify anything. If I owned a business that depends on selling product to customers and somebody was trying to ban my customers from buying that product, I would be making a stink about it if I wanted to stay in business.

The LGS's don't have to justify anything. If I owned a business that depends on selling product to customers and somebody was trying to ban my customers from buying that product, I would be making a stink about it if I wanted to stay in business.
Now imagine that the media, 60% of the state's residents, and a government agency that routinely breaks the law is constantly watching you for any reason to destroy your business and your life...

Now imagine that the media, 60% of the state's residents, and a government agency that routinely breaks the law is constantly watching you for any reason to destroy your business and your life...
"First they came for the......and I did not speak out."
_______

"Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak for me."

LGS's and gun enthusiast rely on each other. While nobody has an obligation to do anything, it would serve both groups (LGS's and their customer base) to work together to defeat anti-gun laws. If some choose to just lay low and let others do the work that is their choice. If some choose to band together and take risk, I hope we will reward them for taking those risks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top