1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Are Oregon gun owners asleep at the wheel?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by phidelt208, Feb 1, 2013.

1. phidelt208

phidelt208 Springfield, OR Active Member

I can't believe this is even up for discussion in Oregon.

Here is a list of senators you can contact if you, want to keep the tools to defend yourself and family.

Senator Herman Baertschiger (R) - Sen.HermanBaertschiger@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.HermanBaertschiger@state.or.us>
    Senator Alan Bates (D) - Sen.AlanBates@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.AlanBates@state.or.us>
    Senator Lee Beyer (D) - Sen.LeeBeyer@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.LeeBeyer@state.or.us>
    Senator Brian Boquist (R) - Sen.BrianBoquist@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.BrianBoquist@state.or.us>
    Senator Ginny Burdick (D) - Sen.GinnyBurdick@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.GinnyBurdick@state.or.us>
    Senator Betsy Close (R) - Sen.BetsyClose@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.BetsyClose@state.or.us>
    Senator Peter Courtney (D) - Sen.PeterCourtney@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.PeterCourtney@state.or.us>
    Senator Richard Devlin (D) - Sen.RichardDevlin@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.RichardDevlin@state.or.us>
    Senator Jackie Dingfelder (D) - Sen.JackieDingfelder@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.JackieDingfelder@state.or.us>
    Senator Chris Edwards (D) - Sen.ChrisEdwards@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.ChrisEdwards@state.or.us>
    Senator Ted Ferrioli (R) - Sen.TedFerrioli@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.TedFerrioli@state.or.us>
    Senator Larry George (R) - Sen.LarryGeorge@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.LarryGeorge@state.or.us>
    Senator Fred Girod (R) - Sen.FredGirod@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.FredGirod@state.or.us>
    Senator Bill Hansell (R) - Sen.BillHansell@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.BillHansell@state.or.us>
    Senator Mark Hass (D) - Sen.MarkHass@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.MarkHass@state.or.us>
    Senator Betsy Johnson (D) - Sen.BetsyJohnson@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.BetsyJohnson@state.or.us>
    Senator Tim Knopp (R) - sen.timknopp@state.or.us<mailto:sen.timknopp@state.or.us>
    Senator Jeff Kruse (R) - Sen.JeffKruse@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.JeffKruse@state.or.us>
    Senator Laurie Monnes Anderson (D) - Sen.LaurieMonnesAnderson@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.LaurieMonnesAnderson@state.or.us>
    Senator Rod Monroe (D) - Sen.RodMonroe@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.RodMonroe@state.or.us>
    Senator Alan Olsen (D) - Sen.AlanOlsen@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.AlanOlsen@state.or.us>
    Senator Floyd Prozanski (D) - Sen.FloydProzanski@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.FloydProzanski@state.or.us>
    Senator Arnie Roblan (D) - Sen.ArnieRoblan@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.ArnieRoblan@state.or.us>
    Senator Diane Rosenbaum (D) - Sen.DianeRosenbaum@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.DianeRosenbaum@state.or.us>
    Senator Chip Shields (D) - Sen.ChipShields@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.ChipShields@state.or.us>
    Senator Bruce Starr (R) - Sen.BruceStarr@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.BruceStarr@state.or.us>
    Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward (D) - Sen.ElizabethSteinerHayward@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.ElizabethSteinerHayward@state.or.us
    Senator Chuck Thomsen (R) - Sen.ChuckThomsen@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.ChuckThomsen@state.or.us>
    Senator Doug Whitsett (R) - Sen.DougWhitsett@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.DougWhitsett@state.or.us>
    Senator Jackie Winters (R) - Sen.JackieWinters@state.or.us<mailto:Sen.JackieWinters@state.or.us>
  2. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Uhmmmm ... might want to look at some of the threads on this forum. Some members here are painfully aware of the antics of Dingfelder and Burdick.
  3. jgeist

jgeist Oregon Active Member

4. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

I would say that we have all contacted ours multiple times....No one here is asleep, and more seem to be waking up all the time,
    GOG, Silver Fox, phidelt208 and 3 others like this.
  5. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Burdick introduces the same bills every session. This wasn't created because of any tragedy, she had them all ready to go. And she's got a bunch more.
    She's like the crazy-cat lady of the Oregon Senate, throwing hideous anti-gun bills at any opportunity.
    Any senator dumb enough to vote yes on a bill of hers will likely be looking for a job at the next election. Except for her. The majority of voters in her district are a special kind of stupid and keep reelecting her.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Already looking at property in Idaho!! :D
    scot4199 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

[FONT=&amp] Dear Senator _______________, 2 Feb 2012

I have just been made aware of Senate Bill 346, and I am sure you are getting a lot of input from other "2A" supporters like myself, and I know you must be busy, so I will be as succinct at possible.

This bill cannot pass!

The entire premise of Senate Bill 346 is false; I do not depend on the exceptions that are contained in this bill for my protection because I live, work and thrive in the Coast Range where the nearest law enforcement facility is at least 30 minutes away. My safety is up to me, and I cannot allow anyone to deny my God-given rights to protect myself, my property, and my family.

The Oregon Legislature cannot possibly know who is going to enter my curtilage at any hour of the day. The Oregon Legislature cannot possibly determine for me how many rounds I need to have in my magazines; anyone with any military or law enforcement experience (anyone who has played HALO) knows that the enemy/threat determines the response (if any). We must do whatever is possible to defend ourselves, not limit ourselves to what we can do.

If this bill passes and is signed into law, it will be the result of a government entity claiming to have the authority to make these critical decisions for me; a government entity which is protected by more laws, thicker steel doors, metal detectors, and armed guards that are all paid for (in part) at my expense!

If the Oregon Legislature seeks a true premise for its actions, it cannot pass any legislation which amounts to a "one-size fits all" defensive posture for its citizens, limiting our ability to protect ourselves, and in effect turning a large segment of the once law-abiding population into criminals; I simply cannot comply with such a law.

[FONT=&amp]"Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the British empire a man who more cordially loves a union with Great Britain than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the British Parliament propose; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America".[/FONT][FONT=&amp]&#8212;Thomas Jefferson, November 29, 1775[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Gentlemen, thank you for all you do, thank you for time.

Some of us didn't know; here is the link I used to find my Reps:http://www.leg.state.or.us/findlegsltr/home.htm

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013