JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can't believe this is even up for discussion in Oregon.

<broken link removed>

Here is a list of senators you can contact if you, want to keep the tools to defend yourself and family.

CONTACT LIST OF OREGON STATE SENATORS
Senator Herman Baertschiger (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Alan Bates (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Lee Beyer (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Brian Boquist (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Ginny Burdick (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Betsy Close (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Peter Courtney (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Richard Devlin (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Jackie Dingfelder (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Chris Edwards (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Ted Ferrioli (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Larry George (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Fred Girod (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Bill Hansell (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Mark Hass (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Betsy Johnson (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Tim Knopp (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Jeff Kruse (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Laurie Monnes Anderson (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Rod Monroe (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Alan Olsen (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Floyd Prozanski (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Arnie Roblan (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Diane Rosenbaum (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Chip Shields (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Bruce Starr (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward (D) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]
Senator Chuck Thomsen (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Doug Whitsett (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Senator Jackie Winters (R) - [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

Burdick introduces the same bills every session. This wasn't created because of any tragedy, she had them all ready to go. And she's got a bunch more.
She's like the crazy-cat lady of the Oregon Senate, throwing hideous anti-gun bills at any opportunity.
Any senator dumb enough to vote yes on a bill of hers will likely be looking for a job at the next election. Except for her. The majority of voters in her district are a special kind of stupid and keep reelecting her.

Thanks, here is the letter I sent;

[FONT=&amp] Dear Senator _______________, 2 Feb 2012

I have just been made aware of Senate Bill 346, and I am sure you are getting a lot of input from other "2A" supporters like myself, and I know you must be busy, so I will be as succinct at possible.

This bill cannot pass!

The entire premise of Senate Bill 346 is false; I do not depend on the exceptions that are contained in this bill for my protection because I live, work and thrive in the Coast Range where the nearest law enforcement facility is at least 30 minutes away. My safety is up to me, and I cannot allow anyone to deny my God-given rights to protect myself, my property, and my family.

The Oregon Legislature cannot possibly know who is going to enter my curtilage at any hour of the day. The Oregon Legislature cannot possibly determine for me how many rounds I need to have in my magazines; anyone with any military or law enforcement experience (anyone who has played HALO) knows that the enemy/threat determines the response (if any). We must do whatever is possible to defend ourselves, not limit ourselves to what we can do.

If this bill passes and is signed into law, it will be the result of a government entity claiming to have the authority to make these critical decisions for me; a government entity which is protected by more laws, thicker steel doors, metal detectors, and armed guards that are all paid for (in part) at my expense!

If the Oregon Legislature seeks a true premise for its actions, it cannot pass any legislation which amounts to a "one-size fits all" defensive posture for its citizens, limiting our ability to protect ourselves, and in effect turning a large segment of the once law-abiding population into criminals; I simply cannot comply with such a law.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the British empire a man who more cordially loves a union with Great Britain than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the British Parliament propose; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America".[/FONT][FONT=&amp]&#8212;Thomas Jefferson, November 29, 1775[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Gentlemen, thank you for all you do, thank you for time.

Some of us didn't know; here is the link I used to find my Reps: <broken link removed>

[/FONT]

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top