JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are select fire NFA rifles legal for hunting in Oregon? Inquiring minds wonder. If the NFA rifle meets all other Oregon State requirements such as magazine restrictions and muzzle energy, would a NFA select fire light automatic rifle be legal to shoot deer with in Oregon? Hunting license and tag assumed. :)

What about Cans in Oregon hunting?

Cans are perfectly legal for any hunting in Oregon I personally have called both the OSP game enforcement and ODFW.

As far as a select fire weapon

If you go to this page on the ODFW web site and scroll down to General Provisions on the Weapons page
ODFW Weapons Restrictions

The very first thing listed as prohibited is Fully Auto Weapons.

and since you can be sure IF the weapon is capable of auto fire by means of a selct fire control the state and OSP will consider it a fully auto weapon and ticket you

General Provisions

Centerfire Firearm

• Fully automatic firearms prohibited.

• Semiautomatic rifles with a magazine capacity greater than five cartridges prohibited (except for western gray squirrel).

• Military or full-metal jacket bullets in original or altered form prohibited.

• Hunters may use any muzzleloader with any ignition type, except matchlock, any legal sight, any propellant, or any bullet type during centerfire firearm seasons, provided the weapon meets caliber restriction for the species.

Is the .30 Carbine legal to hunt deer with in Oregon? Energy. Five round mag. Soft point ammo. Or is it still any center fire firearm? Quick and easy to just pop out the NFA trigger housing group. No can on the M1 Carbine. Difficult to do. Gas blow back.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. Thank you everybody. :)

Is the .30 Carbine legal to hunt deer with in Oregon? Energy. Five round mag. Soft point ammo. Or is it still any center fire firearm? Quick and easy to just pop out the NFA trigger housing group. No can on the M1 Carbine. Difficult to do. Gas blow back.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. Thank you everybody. :)
centerfire 22 caliber or larger for deer

Since the Carbine is not an NFA weapon the parts to convert it are. If not all of those parts are present then the firearm is not full auto. And since .30 Carbine is as legal to hunt deer in Oregon as any firearm that meets the requirements I would say Yes you can hunt with a M2 converted to a M1 by removing NFA parts.

Since if the parts aren't there it isn't.

NFA registered M2 trigger housing. The donor Carbine is a sweet Inland M1. Drop out the NFA trigger pak, install a non NFA trigger housing and the Carbine is good to go. I have never shot the dinky deer down here in SW OR USA with a Carbine.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

I would think the 30 carbine to be very marginal for deer much past 30-50 yards. I would use a larger caliber if you have one available. Even 223 would be better to use on deer IMHO.

Even though it is not a pistol round (yeah, Ruger and AMT, but that's not what I mean) the 30 Carbine has pistol ballistics and capabilities. I'd compare it to the 357 Mag if planning on hunting with it. Keep things close!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top