JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased my first firearm - a Glock 21sf. I have 3 mags for it. Last night was my first attempt to put some target rounds (Remington 45acp 230g) into 2 cartridges. It got harder and harder as I put them in. I was only able to get 10 into each of them and they're supposed to hold 13 max. Am I doing something wrong or is this typical? Thanks.

The last two or so are pretty hard to get in. (The spring force goes up as it compresses.) If you have the loading tool, it will make things easier:
glock_mag_loader.jpg

Wear some rough textured gloves, it'll help out. Also be careful if you have an ambi mag release those mags can get the mag release stuck and cause the release to fail.

Yeah those last three or four rounds can be hard on the thumb. I like the Uplula mag loader..they're cheap, fast, and will load 9mm .40 S&W and your .45acp with ease. :s0155:

I am the stupidest person in the world. I put the bullets in backwards... Now that I have it figured out, it's really easy even with my huge hands.

Another example of why pics in the thread are a GOOD thing! :s0155:

Glad to hear that you're having better luck filling the mags... but my G21 is tough with those last two rounds too. And that is WITH the factory mag loader tool. :s0001:

I've been learning on my own the past few days and am getting very comfortable. I don't want to pay $100 for information I can get from friends and family members who are in law enforcement. I made a mistake, yes, but we all live and learn.

First of all...
View attachment 205670

..Need I say more?

I've been learning on my own the past few days and am getting very comfortable. I don't want to pay $100 for information I can get from friends and family members who are in law enforcement. I made a mistake, yes, but we all live and learn.

I hate to say it, but just because somebody is in law enforcement, doesn't mean they are weapons experts. Reveive a class from a trained professional INSTRUCTOR (Even some of them aren't exactly up-to-date with their information, particularly the legalities of it all), otherwise don't carry.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top