JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You will never see those price again. Since the TV showed the top 10 weapon in the world and Ak is top 1, everyone in the state rushed to buy AK :-( price jump up and seem like it would not come down. Draco used to be $350 all over gun shows now it is around $700 and cant find any available :-(

$300-500 AK's were long gone before the panic. I remember seeing CAI WASR's at several different shops for a common price of $599. Ten years ago those exact same rifles were coming into the states and being sold retail for $199-249.

At that price point I suggest you keep saving and get the Arsenal. Of course I've noticed they have jumped $200-300 recently...glad I got mine (SLR101S) in early December.

Yeah, I'm really starting to look at Arsenal's now. I'm just bummed I was a poor college student when I first got into guns. My last AK was an interarms, which was way ahead of any of the WASR's I looked at, only cost me 650 OTD too.

I been wondering the same thing. Why is a wsar10 going for 950$ at sw wa surplus? Why are ak more than ar right now? Sportsmans has what looks to be a nice tactical m&m ak47 for $750

I been wondering the same thing. Why is a wsar10 going for 950$ at sw wa surplus? Why are ak more than ar right now? Sportsmans has what looks to be a nice tactical m&m ak47 for $750

M&M's are a better deal right now than Wasr's because the words out on them being a cheep but good gun. For a lot less get the M&M and you get all Romanian parts with an hammer forged chrome lined combloc barrel.

I think I'd rather just save up the extra money and get a arsenal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Coming from someone who has booth the only difference is fit and Finnish, they booth go bang save yourself some money and either buy the m&m or get a custom one for less than what Arsenal is asking now a days.

Just my 2 cents

I know its a debate that will rage long into the night, relatively highend AK or a low end AR? Plinking, survival, BOB Gun etc..

What's your price range? If you're only going to get one rifle for survival, I'd go with an AK. This is coming from a die hard AR guy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i'd be looking at the Carbon 15 for circa $650 and the like, i know its a polymer type version but its cheap and cheerful. I'd love an AK in principle given the price of 7.62 and the durability of the action etc.. but the prices bug me a little considering it is in principle a relatively ' cheap' alternative. Whats the effective range of the AK with consistent accuracy just out of curiosity?

i shoulda got a wasr when they were 300 now im just gonna have to settle for an sks i will never pay these idiotic prices for an ak i already have a good to go ar i just would like to be able to shoot 7.62 outta something while its still relatively cheap

i shoulda got a wasr when they were 300 now im just gonna have to settle for an sks i will never pay these idiotic prices for an ak i already have a good to go ar i just would like to be able to shoot 7.62 outta something while its still relatively cheap

Look for a "M" or "D" series SKS if your looking that direction....Much better action the the best made ak's and takes AK mags.

I would still take the cheapest of AR's before I ever paid the better part of a grand for a AK. Brand new AR's can be had right now for under 700 at many places. FWIW

AK's have become more popular the last few years. More people are seeing others get into the water and are following. So part of the higher prices has to do with the acceptance of the AK as a legitimate rifle. Me? I love all guns, based on build quality. I'm glad to see the price go up on AK's.
And sad to see the price drop on 80's guns like the HK-91, FN Fal, uzi and the like. As people have less experience handling and shooting these guns. There is less respect given to these and other fine weapons. At the same time the new guns like the SCAR are met with open arms, and top dollar is paid? People sure are fickle!
Anyhoot there was never anything wrong with the AK. And I am glad they are finally being given there dues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top