JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New to reloading. I bought/picked up a good amount of range brass. I am depriming and cleaning the .38 special brass and While looking them over I noticed 7 cartridges (all UMC brass) have the correct small primer pocket, but the holes are almost as big as the primer pocket. Not all the UMC brass are like this, just the 7. Is it safe or should I just throw it in my scrap jar? TIA.

Thanks. Interesting you mention wax. I found a wax scum in my ultrasonic cleaner after cleaning this batch of brass. That explains that mystery. Why in the world would folks fire wax bullets?

You can mold wax or hot glue in bullet molds and then load them primer only, no powder, and shoot them in places you couldn't shoot regular cartridges. Like in the garage.

How about I just step outside on my acreage and shoot real bullets, and save the glue for gluing and the wax for candles, LOL.

Yeah, I guess you missed the "and shoot them in places you couldn't shoot regular cartridges" part. Not everyone lives outside of city limits, and sometimes you might just want to try something different.

Yup, caught h*ll from Mom when I killed a Mocking Bird with one out of my 45/70 Trapdoor.:s0131:
I used to use the ones the "Quick Draw" guys used in their .45 Colts. They worked great for back yard practice. When your 45/70 case necks would start to crack, just drill out the flash holes to 1/8th" and use primers and wax bullets (no powder).:s0155:

Jack...:cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top