JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
512 revF that had reticle fade. Went back to eotech for fix. Customer service was great. Got it back, but started eating batteries when off. Back to them Permiantly. Meprolight Tru-dot RDS to replace it with. Works well with a magnifier and on its own. Time will tell how it performs. Leaving it on all the time to test battery life. The eotech reticle did look better to my eye than the Aimpoint H-1 and Mepro, but not by a ton. I need my optic to not need service for defensive purposes. My eotech just didn't fit the bill. Definitely not out of style though lol.

One problem I've discovered with the Eotech is the outer circle gets really fragmented when I wear prescription or BiMart :D corrective/reading glasses

TBH, I never jumped on the EOTech bandwagon, they're decent sights, but they're a bit heavy, they chew batteries, and when i was using them, everyone had the version that used N batteries. WTF DO YOU GET N BATTERIES?! In all, I just found the reticle with all it's marks, compensations, donuts and the like to be too busy to justify the price.

Personally, if I had the coin for it, I would get a TA-31 tomorrow, but that's mostly because I shoot at longer ranges and target identification is the biggest deal for me (this is why I never liked the eotech). For the moment, my AR is wearing the rather plebeian primary arms aimpoint clone, which replaced a rather long in the tooth ATN reflex sight. I also have a Nikon P223 3x I have yet to find a decent mount for. It's a damn fine scope, but I really think I want the illumination for after-hours shooting.

Over all, I think people were a little too yippy to get on the Eotech bandwagon, and maybe some of that novelty is wearing off.

I ran the Eotech with a 3x magnifier behind it for 200+ yard shooting. Still don't need the magnifier to do that though. I now run the Meprolight with the magnifier. Those primary arms dots seem really nice and tough for the money. Dot looks great, and feels like it could take a beating. Just mounted one on a shotgun, so we'll see ;)

Fashion circles exist everywhere.

That aside, Eotechs have issues but short of being in extreme weather conditions we won't really notice it. But you know how it is, people hear something bad and overreact, one thing leads to another, etc etc.
All three of mine failed one way or another. But I do live in the extreme weather of Vancouver Washington .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top