JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm out with my buddies and noticed both had swapped out their Eotechs for a Trijicon dot MRO and an Aimpoint dot, both minis. When I asked why my friend replied "Eotechs are so yesterday". So I thought I would ask y'all here if any of y'all have traded holographic for mini red dots as well. I always have loved Eotechs though I seem to do better with a red dot... What's your opinions on Eotechs being out and mini red dots being in? Or do I just have tools as buddies???? (if you knew them it would go without saying)

Depends on how your eyes work and what works for you in the role the sight is going to play.

If you work for an agency that provides endless "free"batteries, and the sight is going to be used as an offensive capacity (apprehending felons) then the Eotech fits fine.

On my rifle, the role is defensive and for my eyes the Aimpoint works really well.

Mine has run 24 hours a day for 4 years on the same battery, so every time I pick it up, it's on and ready, no messing with on-off switches. No running the battery down if you forget to turn it off. So for me that's the right choice for the task.

Similarly the ACOG didn't give me the sight picture I wanted and the Aimpoint did. If I worked for an agency that handed out ACOG$ like Halloween candy I might give one a longer trial period; but as it is, the Aimpoint was the better personal choice regardless of what somebody else likes or uses.

Fashion circles exist everywhere.

That aside, Eotechs have issues but short of being in extreme weather conditions we won't really notice it. But you know how it is, people hear something bad and overreact, one thing leads to another, etc etc.

Fashion circles exist everywhere.

That aside, Eotechs have issues but short of being in extreme weather conditions we won't really notice it. But you know how it is, people hear something bad and overreact, one thing leads to another, etc etc.

When I saw the extreme temperatures required to muck-up the POI, I was like..... :rolleyes:

Seems too many love themselves the "class-action" train, I'm like... :rolleyes:

Eotechs are very much still in as a fall to winter optic. The red dots are definately the rage now for spring and probably will hold there style through the summer. Be sure to tell your buds that green n black will be the hot color for shemaghs this year:p:p:p

So I'm out with my buddies and noticed both had swapped out their Eotechs for a Trijicon dot MRO and an Aimpoint dot, both minis. When I asked why my friend replied "Eotechs are so yesterday". So I thought I would ask y'all here if any of y'all have traded holographic for mini red dots as well. I always have loved Eotechs though I seem to do better with a red dot... What's your opinions on Eotechs being out and mini red dots being in? Or do I just have tools as buddies???? (if you knew them it would go without saying)

Hey guys?

Is my NIB safe queen AR lookin cool enough?
Or dose the sighting system seem passé? :rolleyes:
And do I look cool holding it in this selfie! :s0108:

Answer.

I don't know. My beat to sh!t colt. Has 15,000 rounds through it. And what's left of the EO Tech still works fine? :s0092:

Bang! Bang! Bang!
What?
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Hey! You gona shoot?

I think you guys took this wrong. But I love the replies!!!! They meant their new optics function a lot better then my old Eotech does not that it's the next big fashion statement to own a mini red dot. I was asking was it worth it to y'all to get something new as I don't own anything but an eotech still. So was seeing if anybody else had swapped out for these new mini red dots...sheesh y'all. Great replies though! Couldn't wait to show them today!!!!

Optics are a personal choice. I wouldn't let your buddies influence yours.
If need be, try the red dots. IMO, that Eotech is still the "in" thing.

IMO the nice thing about the Eotech is the outer 65moa circle. My brain and eyes like the way the large circle can sweep over or around the target. Knowing the dot is centered, it makes it fast for me to get on point without having to search for a 2moa dot and move it to the poa. Not sure if that will make sense to the reader, but it does to me.

IMO the nice thing about the Eotech is the outer 65moa circle. My brain and eyes like the way the large circle can sweep over or around the target. Knowing the dot is centered, it makes it fast for me to get on point without having to search for a 2moa dot and move it to the poa. Not sure if that will make sense to the reader, but it does to me.

OMG an actual intelligent reply it's a miracle!!! You guys are killing me here....lol

Yesterdays news? Probably not. I think EOtech is the absolute fastest optic that I have used with ranges out to 50 yards.

That being said, my 511 suffered reticle fade as well as the battery drain issue. A friend with a 512 experienced reticle fade as well but I believe his did not drain the batteries while th unit was off. While I could have sent mine back in I opted not to because I didnt want to deal with this issue in another couple years.

My solution, Aimpoint PRO competitively priced with EOtech, longer battery life and a better track record for reliability. A sample size of one, but I have replaced the battery in the Pro once while leaving it on at all times and has held zero from temperatures ranging from -12f to 100f with a approximate round count of 3k on that optic and rifle optic is on a BOBRO 30mm mount. That being said I prefer the Eotech reticle to Aimpoints for shots 100 yards and under.
My other rifle sports a T1 on a Daniel Defense mount I have left that optic on since January 2012 and its still going strong and again not one issue with it.

To sum it up, I have had better serviceability from my aimpoints and the reticle fade along with the battery drain left a bad taste in my mouth and wallet to roll the dice with EOtech again.

As far as EOtechs buyback, the issues addressed with zeroshift in extreme temperatures are never going to affect 95% of Eotech users and I think from a user standpoint that in of itself would not stop me from purchasing or using a Eotech. The reticle fade and battery drain on the other hand are deal breakers for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top