JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any idea where to confirm this? I've heard that companies were being given tax breaks or other such compensation for employees that tested positive for Covid.

My girlfriend was told that when she tested positive for Covid, that the company wouldn't charge her for sick time and she would be fully paid for all of her time off. She didn't have hardly any sick time saved up due to a previous injury.

Well, her supervisor informed her today that HR told him that because the company health clinic failed to get a positive result for Covid until a week after she went in for testing, that she wasn't eligible for the free sick time off up until she received a positive result. WTF???

So, girlfriend gets sick with covid, follows the company directive to get tested and stay home. The company's own covid test came back negative for a week, so they refuse to compensate her for the time she missed off work, even though she eventually tested positive and it is fairly obvious she had Covid for the entire three weeks.

I am beyond pissed right now at the BS this company is trying to pull.

That's sucky.

I will hypothesize that somebody is double dipping somehow and the end user is probably going to get the shaft.
I hate modern day HR crap.
There's a time and place to look past policies and apply some common sense coupled with empathy.

I'm sure our future will be filled with an overwhelming amount of similar stories.

I will add that she should save all communication.
If phone calls were made and verbal communication was used write down dates, the conversation material + tone, names of people, times, and length of conversation. At some point in the future that may be her only saving grace to recovering anything owed or changing any kind of outcome.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top