JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You mean like when SB941 passed as "emergency" bill without voter input.. or when the safe storage law just recently passed along with making it possible for more places to be "gun free zones" without CHL preemption? Or like when the Justice Dept looked at bump stocks and agreed with the ATF that they were machine guns? Or when the ATF tried to backpedal on their own "determination" on pistol braces and the like, and are now "proposing" an arbritary set of things that may make an AOW/SBR? And like the recently proposed bill title to put all semiauto rifles with the capacity to use detachable magazines into the NFA?

And... have any Oregon State legislators been voted out for introducing bill after bill to out-Cali Cali with bans and mictoatamping and 3d print bans?
Huh, all the bans above you quote are Trump era bans....how long did you honestly think bumpstocks and "braces" were gonna last? I'd been out of the shooting game for over ten years, and when I came back, i was completely amazed that those two things ever made it as being okay to own, but since im not an idiot, i knew the days for both those things were numbered....and honestly, you thought the Government was gonna never crack down on people being able to print/use 3d printed guns?!?!?

Huh, all the bans above you quote are Trump era bans....how long did you honestly think bumpstocks and "braces" were gonna last? I'd been out of the shooting game for over ten years, and when I came back, i was completely amazed that those two things ever made it as being okay to own, but since im not an idiot, i knew the days for both those things were numbered....and honestly, you thought the Government was gonna never crack down on people being able to print/use 3d printed guns?!?!?
Braces less so, but by the letter of the law bumpstocks are legal.

If you can legally own a gun you can legally make a gun what ever you use to do so doesn't matter. What could be open to regulation is 80% kits but turning tubing and a spool of plastic into a gun is no different then turning tubing and a spool of wire into a gun.

SB941 was signed into law in May 2015. The ATF braces thing started during Obama's era with the Sig brace in 2012 and the SB tactical company starting that same year. The backpeddling happened right before Trump took office, and has been an issue since then. You know the ATF has been under an "acting director" since Obama era nominee B. Todd Jones left in 2015?

Justice Dept isn't majority Trump nominees by the way.

Again, the other things I talked about are State things. When was the last time the Rs had majority in either State House or State Senate? About 20 years ago and barely at that?
And... like I asked.. have any Oregon State Legislator lost their jobs over their voting/passing/introduction of antigun bills???

Braces less so, but by the letter of the law bumpstocks are legal.
And technically so are the FRTs however the simple fact is NO amount of 'pontificating' about how these items are technically 'legal' is ever going to have an effect with the ATF.

The ATF could care less about how the trigger is still semi - auto in it's function and still requires pulling each time to be fired - and I almost wish the proponents of this would quit 'preaching' it. Bottom line is Its all about the end result of the nearly 'machine gun' like rate of fire that is accomplished by the use of this item. Quite frankly I HAVE watched several videos of this (so as to educate myself) and I have watched very closely and in one vid the rate of fire was incredible, and it was obvious the recoil was assisting the pull of the trigger in a sort of 'bump fire' effect as was mentioned in the vid I posted in the RBT thread.

I have no 'dog in the fight' either way but I highly doubt hammering away at the ATF and arguing legalities of an item is ever going to supersede the 'end result' of what the item is intended to accomplish.

Binary triggers that increase the rate of fire have been around for decades - I recall back in the 80s when there was a piece of metal you could buy for an AR that opened up the gap between the primary and secondary sears that allowed binary firing. I tried it on an AK using a feeler gauge and it worked, with the occasional hammer following the bolt carrier. These really are nothing new. Bullpups are not new either - they have been around since the early 20th century or even earlier.

hand them in? Where will they get the manpower and the resources to confiscate multiple millions of guns? The military is quizzed all the time, and the majority of servicemen said they would REFUSE any direct order to confiscate citizens guns......Quit believing this schit spewed by left wing hating morons....the Dems "pay lip service" to wanting gun control, but know it is political suicide to do so, so nothing happens...nothing happened during 8 years if Obama, and it certainly wont happen now....now, if we could just stop all these right wing nut bag conspiracy theorists from walking into malls, churches.schools, etc and killing 10-50 people, you wouldn' be seeing guns portrayed negatively in the news so damn much....
A good deal of mass shooters are most definitely not Right Wing sympathizers. Also, firearms could not be used in a criminal act for an entire year and the mainstream media would still be calling for the mutilation of the 2nd Amendment.

The "Democrats don't actually want to pass gun control" line is actually a good example of a conspiracy; one that is easily and frequently disproven. Anyone in the Pro-2A crowd that believes that rhetoric is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome!

A LOT depends on optics here. If one happens to be used in some "mass shooting" that gets lot of attention? You know some law makers will race to a camera to show one off and say "no one needs this". Then the feds may well start in on them. It of course depends on what time of the year it is too. If it gets close to an election? Less likely they want to tick a lot of people off. If they wanted to go after them you know a LOT of gun owners would say "I don't have one of those so I don't care." :s0054:
Well if it's any consolation, most bullpups tend to be on the fairly expensive end of the price spectrum for a rifle. Most mass shootings tend to feature a cheapo AR platform or some kind of handgun simply due to their ubiquity. I think most people who purchase bullpups typically aren't the type to go out for a mass shooting. They tend to be disgruntled men and boys who just want something easily obtainable they can cause a lot of damage with before they try to off themselves.

Call it generalization if you will, but that has been the trend. I think bullpup rifles are safe from the claws of legislation, at least until Mr Moneybags decides to go take the lives of 10 people with a gold plated AUG.

Well if it's any consolation, most bullpups tend to be on the fairly expensive end of the price spectrum for a rifle. Most mass shootings tend to feature a cheapo AR platform or some kind of handgun simply due to their ubiquity. I think most people who purchase bullpups typically aren't the type to go out for a mass shooting. They tend to be disgruntled men and boys who just want something easily obtainable they can cause a lot of damage with before they try to off themselves.

Call it generalization if you will, but that has been the trend. I think bullpup rifles are safe from the claws of legislation, at least until Mr Moneybags decides to go take the lives of 10 people with a gold plated AUG.
For $600 or so, you can have a Hi Point 10mm carbine and a High Tower Armory bullpup stock :rolleyes: for under $500, a 9mm version.

Give it time. California banned the .50 BMG anything, and how many mass shootings have those been involved in?

... and that ... makes them feel like their heads are about to explode. Something ... ANYthing that is beyond a government bureaucrat's Power to Regulate is a threat to their very existence. It makes them feel and look impotent.
Anything that increases the efficiency/power of gun owners is incongruent to the power of the government is something they want to restrict.

The meet the OAL and BBL length, so I'd say BATFinks cannot do anything about it
Good point. The length requirements are codified into law, so they'd need Congress to act. Not that the agency hasn't come up with some "creative" rulings in the past, but that would be pretty difficult to work around.

That is what their "boss" calls them...

...so that's what I'll call them.
Sums up so much of the administration.

A good deal of mass shooters are most definitely not Right Wing sympathizers. Also, firearms could not be used in a criminal act for an entire year and the mainstream media would still be calling for the mutilation of the 2nd Amendment.

The "Democrats don't actually want to pass gun control" line is actually a good example of a conspiracy; one that is easily and frequently disproven. Anyone in the Pro-2A crowd that believes that rhetoric is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome!
More like they're in a No Lose situation... if it gets through they get power, if not they get money from all the gun companies they own through venture capital, hedge funds and holding companies which they'll try again later with.

Heads I Win, Tails You Lose.

Since the ATF is seemingly making up the rules as they go along, do you think bullpups will be on their list anytime soon? Sure they meet all the legal standards but so did bump stocks and FRT triggers. The bullpups allow for an easier to conceal firearm which it what the minimum barrel length rules were trying to restrict.
Are you trolling?. If so let me pitch in single shot .22 rifles.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top