JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I just moved to Central Oregon last month. I guess I was shocked at how empty the shooting range is there and how few people in the area really want to have anything to do with you, especially a new shooter. It seems if you are not a hunter, not many people really want to go out and do any shooting. Also, I am shocked at how few of people are AR/AK owners out here.. Most people are hunters and seem to almost on purpose avoid the "assault rifle" guns.

ANyone here a member of COSSA and likes shooting ARs, AKs, pistols and other semi autos? I am feeling really alone here in Bend and even though I enjoy the scenery, I can say the people I met at Tri-County and around Portland were way friendlier and more open to go shooting with a newer shooter and just socializing in general. I am not ragging on anyone here and I undersand people live out here so they can be more alone, its a small town. I am loving the open space and freedom, but not the solitude or lack of help I find here. Being a member of TRi-County was helpful as I met lots of people who could help me along, but out here every shooting place is desolate. If I was a more experienced shooter I'd be in heaven, but since I am newer, I look forward to shooting with others, which I cannot find here in Bend for now.

Anyway, if anyone lives in Bend/Redmond/Prineville/La Pine/Sunriver, etc etc and is into "military" style rifles and wouldn't mind shooting with a newer, but very enthused person, please contact me if you can.

I am real new here and don't have many friends or anything and like to meet other AR/AK, pistol enthusaists. It be nice to find another COSSA member here who is not too anti-social, and wouldn't mind spending an afternoon shooting with a newer guy :D..

I'm happy to go shooting with you. Just email me. I just don't shoot at COSSA. Its too long a drive to justify the cost. I'm happy to show you some other areas. I try to get out a few times a month to shoot. And I usually take a few evil black rifles...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top