JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anybody know definetively (sp?), if Bear Creek Supply's moly coated bullets are hard cast?

I shoot a lot of them in 45 ACP with no problems, but I don't know how hard they are. Call Bear Creek and ask. 209-874-4322.
It's a one man show--I've had best results getting a person instead of the machine by calling around lunchtime.

Bear creek bullets are a mix of different stuff, some of their stuff is swaged, some is cast, it varies by bullet. depending on which you are looking for, I would suggest being careful, as many of their bullets are oversized, I know their .357-130 bullets are usually between .359-361" which is really on the border of being unsafe for max loads, and can cause chambering difficulties. One of the guys I shoot with ended up having to pay me to run all of his BC .38-130's through my lubesizer to get them down to the right size. The problem he had was the bullets were so large, once seated, the casing would be too large to fit into the chamber.

I'm not trying to scare you off BC, they do make some nice cheap bullets, however sometimes you get what you pay for, so beware.

I'll call today, I'm not looking at them so much because they're cheap. It's more that they're readily available. I would'nt mind trying out the moly coating either.
However, I do want hard cast. These would be for a 10mm 'woods' load. If they could double as a watered down plinking bullet, the bulk of what I need anyway, it would keep things simple.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top