JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My girlfriend's 19 year old son bought an AR10 Aero stripped lower receiver while he was still able to. I would like to get him a lower receiver parts set for Christmas so he can finish the lower. Will any AR15 lower receiver parts set work in an AR10 lower receiver?

What would be a good quality lower receiver parts set for his AR10 receiver? One that won't break the bank but maybe has a bit better than a stock AR trigger?

Everything but the bolt catch, as far as I remember. I believe the 15 catch "fits" it just doesn't have enough meat where it matters

Just buy an aero M5 parts kit and you're all set

I should have mentioned that I am currently an AR neophyte!

What is the significance of the take down pins being longer in the M5 kit? I have a Spike AR9 stripped receiver that I purchased in the 114 rush. The M5 kit would be good for it too? Decent trigger?

I strongly recommend using the Aero M5 LPK. You can buy them minus FCG and minus FCG/grip, but many aftermarket grips and trigger groups do not include grip screws or trigger pins. Even using other manufacturers AR10/308 LPK's can cause issues. Here's a parts list compatibility chart for general reference, but it does have a couple caveats/errors. Aero M5 is generally considerered DPMS Gen1.
6mcsoaxg4o3y.jpg

Last Edited:
The grip, trigger, safety selector, end plate, castle nut and stock are interchangeable.
Fixed stock uses the same extension tube with a rifle spring and 308 buffer.
Telescoping stock uses an intermediate extension 308 spring and AR15 carbine buffers.

I have experience with the first two on that list and can heartily agree. CMC and CMMG have some good choices too.

I will admit to owning a LaRue but in my defense, it was a while ago and I had no idea. Good trigger, bad Santa. :D

I run the Centurion Arms AST in a couple.
I'll just get those if I need any more. I had to back order the last one.
They replaced BCM PNT triggers.

Don't really like the trigger shape on the Larue, don't like squared off triggers on pistols either.

Actually you can buy them today I believe, but not tomorrow. but interpretations, interpretations.
There is the injunction from an Oregon state court. I found this on PSA site:

NOTICE FOR OREGON MAGAZINE & FIREARM ORDERS
Until further legal notice, PSA will ship All Magazine Orders to Oregon with 10+ Capacity placed before Midnight, December 11th, 2022 PST.
Until further legal notice, PSA will also ship All Firearm Orders to Oregon placed before Midnight, January 2nd, 2023 PST.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure Oregon FFL Firearm Transfers can be facilitated during this time-frame.
All Oregon Orders & Refunds are at the discretion of Palmetto State Armory.

Last Edited:
There is the injunction from an Oregon state court. I found this on PSA site:

NOTICE FOR OREGON MAGAZINE & FIREARM ORDERS
Until further legal notice, PSA will ship All Magazine Orders to Oregon with 10+ Capacity placed before Midnight, December 11th, 2022 PST.
Until further legal notice, PSA will also ship All Firearm Orders to Oregon placed before Midnight, January 2nd, 2023 PST.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure Oregon FFL Firearm Transfers can be facilitated during this time-frame.
All Oregon Orders & Refunds are at the discretion of Palmetto State Armory.
Bought some spare LR/SR magazines thru them a few weeks back @ $18.99 (for 5+).

We have a bunch, however wanted some more put up & the price is decent.

Note there midnight PST cutoff time today...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top