JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What your guys thoughts on conceal carry with AK Pistols or AR Pistols. Does the firearms need specific marking as "Pistol Only" on receiver? Not planning on carrying one but have always been curious since they are classified as pistols.

What your guys thoughts on conceal carry with AK Pistols or AR Pistols. Does the firearms need specific marking as "Pistol Only" on receiver? Not planning on carrying one but have always been curious since they are classified as pistols.

Legally you can carry one and no they don't have to be "marked" as a pistol, but if you ever have contact with a LEO (for whatever reason) and that piece comes back as having been sold as a "rifle" (instead of a "firearm" or "pistol") at any time in the past, you're in for a rough ride.

Practically speaking, they're not that great for CC except for maybe with a single-point sling under a long coat, otherwise you're looking at an OC or "semi-OC" piece.

Concealed does mean Concealed and both the AR and AK platforms are going to be difficult to keep that way & once "displayed" will draw a LOT of questions. And the requirements needed to Conceal either will likely lead to more than one question. Additionally those questions just might come from someone who isn't real up on the RCWs about CC.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

a small tennis racket case works great too by the way

This works well for a PS90:

61mdxS3wAKL._SL1024_.jpg

This works well for a PS90:

View attachment 386755
Well, walking around with a brief case might be OKAY for a little while but it is likely to begin looking pretty strange in a very short time. Of course, if you live in the "Land of Suits" then it might last a bit longer but not many people are going to look "Normal" walking around with one of those. At least not in the Real World that I live in. Blue Jeans and a Work Shirt is what I Carry Under.

Well, walking around with a brief case might be OKAY for a little while but it is likely to begin looking pretty strange in a very short time. Of course, if you live in the "Land of Suits" then it might last a bit longer but not many people are going to look "Normal" walking around with one of those. At least not in the Real World that I live in. Blue Jeans and a Work Shirt is what I Carry Under.

It all depends on the environment. I work in an office, so a large laptop case won't get a second glance - everybody carries them, but a toolbox would cause questions. The reverse would be true in a blue collar environment.

I got the case more for protecting the PS90 when it is taken down, as a gun case, than as something to carry around every day. The thing is, if something doesn't look like a gun case, people might wonder what is in it, but their first guess won't be a rifle.

Well, that sounds like you could very easily loose "control" over your firearm and that is one of the basic requirements for Concealed Carry. It's very much like "Carrying" your sidearm in your glove box. If, as is common, the glove box is on the other side of the vehicle, then you will have lost control over your sidearm and that is wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top