JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been trying to find an A2 style upper but all i find are the ones with rails that can accommodate optics and such. I feel like its starting to become an impossible task without having to pay some guy too much on gunbroker. Who else is having a hard time building a retro style rifle these days? I'd love your input on how to cope at this point

One auction that I followed on Gunbroker went for over $450.00 complete with sights, FA, and dust cover. No barrel assembly either. It was used as well.

The flat top design although quite ubiquitous never appealed to me (I do own one). I started out on A1's in the army and carry handle just seems to be the natural configuration, well to me anyway. I do like my M4 pattern police trade in quite a bit.

I trained on M-16's and a carry handle is definitely my preference.

My last couple of M-4's of course have no carry handle, so I bought a removable handle for each. I never would have guessed a Colt-brand carry handle would be so expensive. At $160 I bought only one, and one more after-market carry handle for half that price. I hope it's decent. Glad I only needed two. And I can barely get my fingers in a removable carry handle.

Back to the topic... I wish a carry handle was still an option on more M-4's.

Last Edited:
Was just having a convo about these a day ago. They are becoming harder to find.

Last time I was looking for one, a couple years ago, I ended up buying a complete RRA a2 upper and parting out everything I didn't want, and I came out a few bucks ahead, and got the receiver for free...just had some time in it. Unfortunately RRA etches their logo in the side, near the rear sight, it bothered me so much, even after I sharpied over it, that I sold it.

Not sure about the particular pages or whether or not they will be in stock when you click the link but at least I thought I would help out a little.

TNTE sales is a good source, but shipping times can be agonizingly slow!
Still, a good source for those Old School Builds we all know and love!

I started out with a hybrid A-2 based CAR-16 and absolutely LOVED it, then they changed over to the M-4 and at first, you couldn't pry that old CAR outta my hands, finally got into the M-4 and thought it OK, but the ammo situation really hamstrung us!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads