Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ARE-15 Lower

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by wired, Sep 27, 2009.

1. wired

wired Yakima Well-Known Member

Pistol marked Mega lower with DPMS lower kit and A2 buttstock, buffer and spring included . $250 plus $10 shipping or FTF in Seattle. Couple of hundred round count as a pistol. No scratches or anything else. Transferred as pistol on WA state paperwork and 4473 . New Rifle stock recently installed but the deal on the upper I was buying fell through so it was never built as rifle so it can go either way.

shrkattk@gmail.com

2. theduke

theduke NW Member

Is pistol buffer tube & spring/buffer avl. as well ? REg. as a Pistol or a lower rec. "??

3. wired

wired Yakima Well-Known Member

It was actually registered as a pistol on the 4473 and it was transferred with WA state pistol transfer paperwork. I believe the ATF has since advised dealers not to register receivers as pistols or rifles. Legally , It doesnt matter and can be used for a rifle but if it does get built as such it cannot go back to pistol by the letter of the law. I no longer have the pistol upper or the pistol buffer. It had been built as a 9mm pistol but I didnt find it all that handy as such.