JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I understand that this is Northwest FIREARMS but i'm a little disappointed theres no bow/archery threads. We have fishing, blades, survival and other threads and classifieds but nothing for the archers. Wonder if we could change that. I've never bow hunted but was wanting to get into this year so i was scrolling through the feed to see what info i could find and was surprised to not find an archery thread.

We like the bows and arrows.
It's the tights we have a problem with.

robinhood.jpg

Archery people ought to get to talking about archery then! Every body looks at the "Off Topic" forum don't they? Off Topic is off the topic of guns, so it would fit there to IMO.

Archery people ought to get to talking about archery then! Every body looks at the "Off Topic" forum don't they? Off Topic is off the topic of guns, so it would fit there to IMO.
To be honest...I consider myself to be a beginner. I shot archery quite a bit as a kid at my grandparents and in Scouts, then took a long hiatus and started up again a little in my 20s. But I took another hiatus and am now catching the bug, big time. Over the last couple weeks, I've cleaned up my compound bow, cleaned and waxed the strings, bought a mechanical release and took it to my gun club for some practice. Douglas Ridge has a very sweet archery range and 3-D target range.

I discovered that my sight has a crack in it and having a hard time staying zeroed. I also learned the hard way that a mechanical release changes the angle at which your arrows fly through the arrow rest. I shredded a few fletchings before realizing this. I could use some instruction or tips going forward, if any one wants to hang and shoot some arrows or come visit my club as a guest. I have big hopes to become efficient over the next year and maybe even try a deer hunt in the next year or two.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top