JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Mini 14 is currently wearing a Choate folding stock, but I don't really need the folder, so was thinking of replacing it with the Choate fixed stock. While shopping around, I saw the Archangel Precision stock and kind of like the look and features. Problem is, I seem to recall some pretty bad reviews on these awhile back. Archangel is also a subsidiary of Pro Mag, which doesn't help their credibility IMO. Current reviews are all pretty good, but I'm not sure how much faith I have in the reviewers :rolleyes:, either they're in business selling them, or they're "testers" that get test gear for free. I couldn't find a single review that wasn't one or the other, which seems odd considering my earlier recollection.

Anyway, was hoping that someone here had tried one, doesn't have to be for a Mini, they make the same stock for a variety of other rifles. Looking for opinions and impressions, how sturdy is it, how well does it fit, how well do the adjustments work, that sort of thing. Thanks!

Dave

I have had one on my 7.62X 54R for almost 3 years I think, it fit just about perfect, the Timiney trigger was pre cut, so no dremeling. The only issue I have is the QD for my sling have never ever worked, Either they fell out or I almost could not get them to release. The other issue I had, was the 5 round mags, they hate the tula ammo, now it could also be my 85 yr old mosin, So I just use the 10 round one, no issues, go figure lololol.

IMG_1787.JPG

they probably are good but ive only seen them on mosins and 10/22s and the first thought in my head was that they looked ghetto/bubba'd too much for me to buy one. YMMV.

Chode and Pro Gag are bottom dwellers in the accessory arena. I'm sure it would provide an interface, if that's all you need. If you want quality, run away!
Perhaps you meant to say both are decent quality (stocks) at affordable prices.

I have a Marlin Camp 45 with a Choate folding stock, for around 25 years and it's never failed to do what it's supposed to, whereas the factory wood stocks are prone to cracking.

Have Boyds on some other riles and an Archangel ProMag on an M1A that feature wise, beats the hell out of other polymer versions or wood except for aesthetics, and is designed for long range shooting. They might need modest fitment, but that's pretty common for an M1A stock shooting for accuracy.

I suppose I could have picked up a VLTOR for $500, or SAGE for $800, but got the Archangel here from another member for $150. Loving it here on the bottom.

All brands that are popular because they're cheap, not because they're good. Kinda like the people who live in a double wide, drive an 81 K5 and have "20 guns" but all of them are .22s or bottom of the barrel knock offs they bought due to price alone. Save up the pennies and buy quality if possible

RE: Archangel/ProMag stocks

I figure....
As a cheap "dress up". Why not? I have them for a couple of Ruger 10/22s and a Mosin Nagant.

BTW......I prefer the "traditional look" on the Mosin Nagant. So the Archangel stock is currently nakked, sitting in the corner.

As for the McMillan. YEAH....it's way out of THAT league and with a price to boot. My Match M1a is wearing one.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I have an Archangel on my Mauser GEW98 that needed a resurrection after 40 years on my Dad's wall. It's said that this stock is F'ugly, but the fit was near perfect, it mitigates a ton of recoil, the adjustments are solid and it plain shoots.

Mauser 5.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads