JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My plan is to use most of my 16 daily and 35 weekly points for saturated fat items (butter, cheese, etc) and then get all my carbs and protein from the zero point food items. I do binge frequently and when that occurs I will do my best to only binge on zero point food items.
Good luck! When I binge, it's nearly an entire delivery pizza. Did I mention my pants are tighter now?

Good luck! When I binge, it's nearly an entire delivery pizza. Did I mention my pants are tighter now?
Frozen pizza is a common binge item for me, it usually is proceeded by some day old donuts I start eating on drive home from the store. Then comes fried mozzarella sticks for appetizer before pizza followed by more donuts but warmed up in microwave for about 10 seconds to soften them up. I should weigh 350 but I guess I am blessed with a high BMR:)

Dayshift crew is in for a treat and my 30 day March challenge just got a little less comfortable. These items are shelf stable and cheap calories but that is about the only thing going for them. I will have to refocus on eating more of my canned foods.

20210312_023203.jpg

....the Oregon beach is the last place anyone wants to have sex
You be hangin' wit' the wrong beaches....
My plan is to use most of my 16 daily and 35 weekly points for saturated fat items (butter, cheese, etc) and then get all my carbs and protein from the zero point food items. I do binge frequently and when that occurs I will do my best to only binge on zero point food items.
careful. If your valuable nutrition source comes from bulk (macro diet?), you get used to eating, a lot. The shift to high calories will cause you to inflate like the Goodyear blimp.

Bad and good will always exist in a dramatic tug of war, which is why many of us carry - to neutralize the bad in our immediate bubble of good. But, when neutralizing, does that make you good, bad, or indifferent?

You be hangin' wit' the wrong beaches....
careful. If your valuable nutrition source comes from bulk (macro diet?), you get used to eating, a lot. The shift to high calories will cause you to inflate like the Goodyear blimp.

Bad and good will always exist in a dramatic tug of war, which is why many of us carry - to neutralize the bad in our immediate bubble of good. But, when neutralizing, does that make you good, bad, or indifferent?
Can you simplify this, what valuable nutrition source are you referring too.

"careful. If your valuable nutrition source comes from bulk (macro diet?), you get used to eating, a lot. The shift to high calories will cause you to inflate like the Goodyear blimp."

No idea what WW friggin' points system is, but presume zero means low carb & zero fat.
If you're eating things like kale, broccoli, soy beans, etc, to get enough calories, you eat more. Your body becomes accustomed to a sense of fullness. Add calories to that sense, and you blow up. I've watched several people do it.

No idea what WW friggin' points system is, but presume zero means low carb & zero fat.
If you're eating things like kale, broccoli, soy beans, etc, to get enough calories, you eat more. Your body becomes accustomed to a sense of fullness. Add calories to that sense, and you blow up. I've watched several people do it.
You guessed right the purple zero point foods are veggies, fruits, some lean proteins and some limited types of whole grains and beans. Fats are apparently evil on Weight Watchers (WW). I get what you are saying, I think you are expected to eat the diet for life and not go back to calorie dense foods. Since WW collects a reoccuring monthly fee if you sign up, I am guessing they want you on the diet for life. Pretty good business model. Too bad for them I am just going to mimic the diet and not actually sign up for it.

In a year I dropped 50 pounds 4-5 years ago, 230 down to 180. About a pound a week. Haven't gained it back. (Weight does fluctuate between 180-190.)

Low fat didn't work for me. Years trying to do that.

Did "keto" light. For the first 3 or so months was fanatic about it. Zero to 20g non-fiber cards a day. Over time increased that – that's why I call it "light" - but kept losing weight. To this day I probably eat/drink less than 200g of carbs per day. Edited, because I don't actually know how many I now eat. I like to drink, so sometimes that adds up. But I avoid heaps of pasta, 'tatoes. etc. Few deserts, but my wife is a great baker so... And no candy!

Zero carbs looked like:

No sugar – candy, cake, cookies, pop, fruit, sweet sauces, nothing. Really. Nothing.
No potatoes, pasta, bread or milk. Edit: oh yeah, no chips! Actually missed those as much as candy.
No alcohol.
No veggies w/ more than a smidge of sugars.

Other than that I ate what I wanted till I was full.

The most important thing I learned from this is:

Carbohydrates make me hungry. If I don't eat them, I am less hungry. If I eat/drink too many of them I MUST eat more.

My writing doesn't do this justice; my entire conception of "hunger" has changed. Permanently. The physical feelings are literally different. I used to get the shakes at times, I HAD to eat something. Obviously blood sugar weirdness; I knew that but knowing didn't change anything. (I'm not diabetic or even pre-diabetic) I have not had the shakes from hunger, ever, since.

"Hunger" means something completely different than it did. I get hungry, but it's not the compulsion it was. I don't crave anything, really. I love food, love to eat. But don't need to eat like I used to.

Anyway, my 2c, and not really in line w/ your plan. Everyone is different, wish you the best on the WW plan.

Last Edited:
In a year I dropped 50 pounds 4-5 years ago, 230 down to 180. About a pound a week. Haven't gained it back. (Weight does fluctuate between 180-190.)

Low fat didn't work for me. Years trying to do that.

Did "keto" light. For the first 3 or so months was fanatic about it. Zero to 20g non-fiber cards a day. Over time increased that – that's why I call it "light" - but kept losing weight. To this day I probably eat/drink less than 200g of carbs per day. Edited, because I don't actually know how many I now eat. I like to drink, so sometimes that adds up. But I avoid heaps of pasta, 'tatoes. etc. Few deserts. And no candy!

Zero carbs looked like:

No sugar – candy, cake, cookies, pop, fruit, sweet sauces, nothing. Really. Nothing.
No potatoes, pasta, bread or milk.
No alcohol.
No veggies w/ more than a smidge of sugars.

Other than that I ate what I wanted till I was full.

The most important thing I learned from this is:

Carbohydrates make me hungry. If I don't eat them, I am less hungry. If I eat/drink too many of them I MUST eat more.

My writing doesn't do this justice; my entire conception of "hunger" has changed. Permanently. The physical feelings are literally different. I used to get the shakes at times, I HAD to eat something. Obviously blood sugar weirdness; I knew that but knowing didn't change anything. (I'm not diabetic or even pre-diabetic) I have not had the shakes from hunger, ever, since.

"Hunger" means something completely different than it did. I get hungry, but it's not the compulsion it was. I don't crave anything, really. I love food, love to eat. But don't need to eat like I used to.

Anyway, my 2c, and not really in line w/ your plan. Everyone is different, wish you the best on the WW plan.
I have tried keto light before and while I lost weight it was super difficult for me to stay away from carbs and I felt like crap. If a person starts off with full blown keto, like you did, I think they can avoid the problems I had. If you do it half-arsed then I think you get stuck in the keto-flu like stage forever. I think our bodies do best in keto or not in keto. The in between phase sucks. Congrats on your success, especially keeping it off.

I have tried keto light before and while I lost weight it was super difficult for me to stay away from carbs and I felt like crap. If a person starts off with full blown keto, like you did, I think they can avoid the problems I had. If you do it half-arsed then I think you get stuck in the keto-flu like stage forever. I think our bodies do best in keto or not in keto. The in between phase sucks. Congrats on your success, especially keeping it off.

Yes, felt flu-like for a while, weird for while longer after that. (don't remember, but think it totalled under 4 weeks) Worst was nausea, no throwing up but felt bad. Ready for it mentally having read about it. And it did pass.

We're blessed to live in a time and place where too many calories is an issue. That doesn't mean it's not a huge bubbleguming monster bubblegum to handle weight, with you there! You'll find something that works. All the best.

I am attempting one day of eating 16 to 21 weight watchers smartpoints worth of tracked food. I have already used up 3 points for sugar free non-dairy creamer in my coffee and oatmeal with grated carrots.

I am working on a list of the most common items I will be spending my daily points on and this is what I have so far. Once points hit 21 max I will have to stick with zero point foods for the remainder of the days food intake. I don't think I will be using much coconut oil given how many points it cost me.

Screenshot (84).png

Screenshot (85).png

Last Edited:
It seems like reloading components are moving a little slower in the classifieds. That could be a sign that people are able to find products at the retail level or mostly have what they need already?

Maybe we are going to get some stabilization soon and start seeing products sit on the retail shelves.

I weighed in at 247.6lbs yesterday morning. Weightloss meeting today and the last time I shared weight at meeting, I was at 250.6lbs. I have been peeing more than usual so I suspect it's mostly water weight.

Unhappy ending to massage parlor massacre story.

I wonder how this will be spun into a kill whitey and ban guns promotion...

"unregistered ammunition" is that a thing?

That's nuts.
We are now living in clown land with a clown as our elected chief clown.
Here in clown land make believe things become real if you repeat the make believe things enough times....

Just watch that'll become the new push. To register our ammunition.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top