JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking around for an AR15 22lr barrel that is similar to the many available for the 10/22. In other words an aluminum sleeved lightweight full diameter barrel. I plan to build a Rimfire version of my speed steel build to even further up my times by shooting ghost fart standard velocity. I like the ergonomics of my 9mm build and plan on completely replicating it. Mostly the part I like most which is not having a handguard and using foam bicycle grips in its replacement, this set up is very easy to point not to mention extremely light up front.
1568404624640.jpeg
Found two viable options, an ever increasing in rarity Tactical Solutions kit which uses their proprietary bolt, so I wouldn't be able to use the better mag adapter I planned on using. Or a company up in Washington called Beyer Barrel's, which I'm guessing uses a CMMG bolt which I could use with the better mag adapter.
Beyer barrel.
1568404410977.jpeg
TacSol kit.
1568404453619.png

Anyone up north have this gentleman's barrel's? Looking to here any and all feedback.

Also, I've had little experience with 22lr ARs outside of a few here that all seem to run the better mag adapter to use with SW1522 magazines. How are regular AR22 mags?

I've owned tactical solutions stuff and know they are nice quality components. So I'm curious if it's worth the extra $ for trying to get a barrel that will work with the SW magazines.

I have a beyer barrel in an ar22 build. It's the sleeved aluminum one. I use a Velocity bolt kit, that is similar to the CMMG bolt. The velocity and cmmg bolts might have a different collar size? I use black dog mags.

The only other experience I've had with ar22s was an m&p 15-22

With my beyer barrel and CCI mini mags I consistently shoot .75" groups at 25 yards with a red dot and front support. When I'm shooting at my best, .5" groups have been seen. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. If it's bad, it's probably me not the barrel.

Here are the nuances of my rifle. It doesn't have consistent live round extraction after 40-50 rounds. I hear this is a typical issue for ar22s. It feeds great for 100-150 rounds depending on the ammo, then starts to get a little finicky. A pass with a bore snake after 100 rounds keeps it going.

On the beyer barrel, if you have questions give them a call, Clint Beyer will answer the phone. We've spoken twice and both times the experience was pleasant. He is also in the PNW somewhere.

I have a beyer barrel in an ar22 build. It's the sleeved aluminum one. I use a Velocity bolt kit, that is similar to the CMMG bolt. The velocity and cmmg bolts might have a different collar size? I use black dog mags.

The only other experience I've had with ar22s was an m&p 15-22

With my beyer barrel and CCI mini mags I consistently shoot .75" groups at 25 yards with a red dot and front support. When I'm shooting at my best, .5" groups have been seen. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. If it's bad, it's probably me not the barrel.

Here are the nuances of my rifle. It doesn't have consistent live round extraction after 40-50 rounds. I hear this is a typical issue for ar22s. It feeds great for 100-150 rounds depending on the ammo, then starts to get a little finicky. A pass with a bore snake after 100 rounds keeps it going.

On the beyer barrel, if you have questions give them a call, Clint Beyer will answer the phone. We've spoken twice and both times the experience was pleasant. He is also in the PNW somewhere.
Total bummer to here it has issues to extract.

Most AR22s I've had experience have similar issues at around the 200 mark but they were all suppressed. I figured that was why they were failing, due to excess gunk.

To be clear It's only live round extraction that it struggles with. The lack of live round extraction does suck.

I also have found the bolt runs better with a very light clp vs something thicker like Lucas gun oil.

A few additional things to mention on the velocity bolt. The springs and extractor are different than on the CMMG arc 22 spring and extractor kits. I ordered the CMMG kit to swap the recoil and extractor spring and the extractor, in search of improved live round extraction.

The CMMG extractor did not fit. The recoil and extractor spring were different than stock. I swapped them and they have worked for 125 rounds so far. I'll continue to test the CMMG but plan to buy the correct springs from velocity.

Overall, I'm very happy with the setup even with the nuances.

The Kriss .22 rifle looks interesting. AR platform that uses 10/22

I wish taccom still made the carbon fiber tensioned barrels.
See this is why I enjoy NWFA so much, never knew that Kriss 22 existed. Reading up on it, it sounds like a perfect fit for my needs.

Only thing is I'm sitting on a few AR lowers.

The dilemma.

Looking around for an AR15 22lr barrel that is similar to the many available for the 10/22. In other words an aluminum sleeved lightweight full diameter barrel. I plan to build a Rimfire version of my speed steel build to even further up my times by shooting ghost fart standard velocity. I like the ergonomics of my 9mm build and plan on completely replicating it. Mostly the part I like most which is not having a handguard and using foam bicycle grips in its replacement, this set up is very easy to point not to mention extremely light up front.
View attachment 616824
Found two viable options, an ever increasing in rarity Tactical Solutions kit which uses their proprietary bolt, so I wouldn't be able to use the better mag adapter I planned on using. Or a company up in Washington called Beyer Barrel's, which I'm guessing uses a CMMG bolt which I could use with the better mag adapter.
Beyer barrel.
View attachment 616822
TacSol kit.
View attachment 616823

Anyone up north have this gentleman's barrel's? Looking to here any and all feedback.

Also, I've had little experience with 22lr ARs outside of a few here that all seem to run the better mag adapter to use with SW1522 magazines. How are regular AR22 mags?

I've owned tactical solutions stuff and know they are nice quality components. So I'm curious if it's worth the extra $ for trying to get a barrel that will work with the SW magazines.
Needed a new, non-Honey-do, project and decided on a dedicated 22LR upper. Read a few sources for barrels (CMMG, rightobear.com, and Clint Beyer). Checked out beyerbarrels.com then emailed Clint. We spoke several days later. What was supposed to be a 3 minute order call lasted 15 - 20. SUPER guy! Veteran; small business owner.

I ordered an 18-inch bull barrel (1:16T) and am having it fluted. Clint said lead time was running about 2 - 3 weeks. $260 (barrel) + $60 (fluting) = $320 plus ~$10 for shipping.

I'll do a build thread with field testing once completed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top