JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking for a wml for a little while now and and was curious what everyone had and what has made people happy and just as important, what's junk.

I also wanted to make sure that the light I was going to pick was going to have the correct mounts because there are so many options I'd rather just have a confirmation before I get into returning or buying adapters.

I was thinking of the offset scout mount
My handguard is an Aero Atlas S-One MLOK. This will put my light at the 5 or 7 o'clock position?

Thanks for your insight and if you guys have any experience with this setup.

-B

The steam light you have listed is on the heavy side, but works very well. Paired with a cloud defense LCS and an Arisaka mount, it is a very streamlined and capable set up.

D0FA1C35-B19C-497B-BA38-FFB8606E4DE6.jpeg

So what makes the cloud defense switches and plugs so much better? Everyone recommends them, but was just curious not having a comparison.

OWL lights have been having issues with intermittent activation...hope they get them fixed, but they are heavy

Streamlight HLX are good lights, but the pressure switch is hard wired into the cap, have seen quite a few fail with hard use.

I'd go with either Modlite or Surefire Dual Fuel, with a Surefire pressure switch. Unity and Modlite make good switches as well.

I use both of the above. Modlite are 18650 or 18350 batteries only, where the Surefire uses either 18650 or 123s....I use rechargeable batteries for both.

So what makes the cloud defense switches and plugs so much better? Everyone recommends them, but was just curious not having a comparison.

Which switches are you reffering to, the one on the OWL or REIN? The CD link I provide is for switch and wire control and not a switch in itself. I like them because it allows me place it where I want it regardless of where the light is mounted and controls the wire routing and prevents hang ups. I use the SF XM00 tailcap because I do not 100% trust tape switches and want a backup. If you are looking a switches, in addition to SF look at Unity.

On Streamlights, I'm currently dealing with them on a third product failure. I do not trust them and will never purchase another, YMMV.

Cloud defensive reign. I had the HLX and the tape switch failed/stick all the time.

108A5D48-610F-4EC9-9EAC-453DCED34A85.jpeg 3A7FF244-45B6-4D15-BA36-E49B132A2EA2.jpeg

I use the stream light switches. Just the Cloud defense switch holder thingy.

I've had that same Streamlight for about a year and half, so far no problems- It came with the tape switch stuff, clicky tailcap and a rechargeable 18650- Think I paid $102 all in from Dvor... light mounted at 2ish and the tape switch at 10ish. The tape switch come with double sided 3M if you don't want to use the rail mount kit, I added the zip ties just because. ( it come with 2 weeny zip ties that I binned....)
IMG_0352.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads