JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This place has been great to get ideas from - thanks for all the great feedback I've received since becoming a more active poster.

I have a beginner Anderson MFG AR15 (AM-15) multi-cal that I'm just starting to put some updates into. Thus far I have put the quad rail hand guard on so I can prep for a tactical light and hand rail, the Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot and Magpull MBUS Gen II backup sights.

ar1.jpg

ar2.jpg

I talked to a local gun shop and got some ideas but now I'm hoping for some references to a good choice in tactical flashlight, hand rail and even grip replacement.

For flashlights I'm looking at a couple options on Amazon.

UTG Defender Series:
http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Defender-..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1DCF9Z7YE33Y48KQXDN8

And the smaller Streamlight: http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-6..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1DCF9Z7YE33Y48KQXDN8

Does anyone have good suggestions on tactical lights? I think (without experience) I'm leaning towards one that doesn't have the hand grip attachment for activating the light.

Streamlight TLR1 is a nice light that can go on long gun or pistol . They come with adaptor keys to switch between rail types.

I just put one of theses on my pistol, its a Viking Tac mount with a Streamlight 1L

Also your front and rear sights are on backward.
With that gas block you will need a gas block height front sight.
You wont have enough adjustment to make up for the rail to gas block height difference
AND your not going to want a plastic sight on that gas block, will melt it down if you shoot enough

image.jpg 3d007965-5eb5-46a8-88b1-b7292b28639a_zps3cae1631.jpg IMG_0328_zpsc831ad08.jpg IMG_1818_zps0c667a19.jpg

Last Edited:
For a grip, I really like the Hogue. They really have done it right. I like their AK grip slightly better for the palmswell but you cant get that one for the AR for some reason. I also like the Magpul MOE+. They both have a really nice tacky/grippy feel that is oh so nice.

Last Edited:
What light would you put on a glock? Or a AR. The most important thing to me for either gun is a simple on/off switch. Something that's fast. I don't wanna reach out toward the muzzle.
Thoughts?

What light would you put on a glock? Or a AR. The most important thing to me for either gun is a simple on/off switch. Something that's fast. I don't wanna reach out toward the muzzle.
Thoughts?

As @Gun Mechanic mentioned earlier, http://www.primaryarms.com/lbts/p/lbts/ is a good option as the paddle attachs to the vertical grip or on a smaller gun the main grip and activates the light by pressure.

The PA switch DOES work with the G2. A pressure switch allows you to keep the proper grip while utilizing the light as a momentary illumination. I've tired to use the rear button and they just don't do it for me. Before spending the money on a pressure switch get a light mount that allowed you to manipulate the mementary switch while holding proper fore end grip. The last thing you want is fumbling around getting a good grip while trying the use your light. You do NO want to keep the weapon light in the full on position while clearing your house.

I use TRL's on all the AR's and the Ergo grip with storage (extra firing pin, and batteries for the red dot) the texture on the Ergo grip is what sold me and the other half.

Ya may wanna get a extended bolt release, don't get the magpul one . I went with the Phase 5 EBR V2, and that also is on all our rifles.

Also I installed the Troy enhanced trigger guard.
If you get these at Kurt's discount guns they will install them for free.

Good luck

IMAG1031.jpg

Stick with a light that has NO wires. .... worst thing to have if you have to bust brush.

Remember Murphys Law! He shows up at the worst times!

MAGS. For the love of god buy magazines NOW. We will see legislative action banning them despite our best efforts.

Buy'em cheap and stack them deep.
Dont fall for magpul being a do-all.
Invest in some good USGI type mags (aluminum or steel, I prefer aluminum)
They store better and can take more than a drop or two when loaded unlike Pmags.

After that, shoot more than anything. All those fancy gizmos tacticool guys like Costa push are fun.. But nothing beats the fundimentals. Practice before you buy things to make you a better shooter.. Because in the end only shooting will do that.

Mags and ammo. You have an optic and irons. Aside from a sling thats all you really need. That and a car full of mags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top