JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a way to legally convert an ar15 to a gi style m4a1. I am a class 2 gunsmith so i can legally manufacture all of the parts necessary. I also have a cnc mill if i need to manufacture parts in a precise manner. I would appreciate it if someone can list the parts and procedures necessary to do so. It would also be good if there was a book about it as well. I would like this to be like the m4a1 i had in the marines. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well the only legal way is to have a FFL, SOT and a LEO demo request.

Since you say you are an FFL (since is required to be a licensed gunsmith) you should check with your local ATF office about the proper paperwork. If you have the proper paperwork it would be way cheeper and easier to order the roughly $100 in parts required, <broken link removed> .

As for the actual how to, <broken link removed>

All you really need is the barrel.
I have an M4 and and M4A1. The only difference is the barrel and the flash hider.

You can find the M4A1 barrels for about $400-$500. If you don't want to go the SBR route, you can pin and weld the flash hider on. The barrels only 14.5" long.
The 3- round burst would be a waste of time and money.

I have an M4 and and M4A1. The only difference is the barrel and the flash hider.

You can find the M4A1 barrels for about $400-$500. If you don't want to go the SBR route, you can pin and weld the flash hider on. The barrels only 14.5" long.

:s0167:

Well the only legal way is to have a FFL, SOT and a LEO demo request.

Since you say you are an FFL (since is required to be a licensed gunsmith) you should check with your local ATF office about the proper paperwork. If you have the proper paperwork it would be way cheeper and easier to order the roughly $100 in parts required, <broken link removed> .

As for the actual how to, <broken link removed>

i already have my sot and sot2 and you don't need the demo letter to manufacture your own full auto firearms. So can i have a link to a website and not google search? I'm attempting this more for the challenge of doing so. I have a old lower from an old armalite ar15 i bought for $200 that i can screw around with.

The other reason is i have a ar10 that i would really like to convert to full auto. Once i do this with my ar15 i will attempt to make or find the parts for my ar10, and yes i know that the ar15 is just a smaller version of the ar10. Thanks for all of the help.

For your sake i really hope you are joking.

5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg

So just assuming you really do have the proper licenses it is confusing what you actually want. All the parts are readily available from tons of sources and can be fully assembled in less the an hour with a few tools.........

I gave you the links to the few parts you need for the lower for full auto parts. If you are a gunsmith that can not figure out how to put parts in an AR lower (something most guys are able to do on a TV tray) I really don't want you working on anything I own.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top