JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This NEW thumbhole stock looks better than those Hera Arms stocks with the funky removable piece for the safety spring. Does anyone know when these are being released? How much will these cost? They look expensive.

Thumbhole NEW 2.png

Thumbhole NEW.png

Last Edited:
I don't know, I laughed about them too, but I actually handled one a couple weeks ago and the ergos were nice. If you take the time/money and SPR one and put a D60 on it like this... they actually look better than a PS90 IMO IMG_2228.jpg IMG_2229.jpg
With the advantages of much cheaper ammo, much easier to maintain, much better trigger, better modularity, more&cheaper accessories.
Ps90 will be more compact, have more resale value, and 50rnd mags are only $30 and much smaller, and lighter...
That said I'm not a fan of thumbhole stocks in general...

As for the OPs question Vitaly Bulgarov's AR-15 DEX-stock - The Firearm Blog

Now if someone were to cook up an "arm brace" version of the HERA kit (below) combined with adjustable LOP (and styling) like the specimen in the OP so "operators" (like me) could slap that on their AR pistols w/o having to go NFA, they'd probably have more sales than they could shake a stick at.

;)

IMG_4368.JPG

Lol, those Hera things make an AR look like a Wannabe FN P90... great for Stargate Fanboys, not so much for Serious Work.
I mean... Maybe I need one so my AUG isn't the only "space gun" in my possession. :rolleyes:

I honestly couldn't like it when I held an AR with that stuff on it. I'm sure some folk are gonna like it, but I didn't. But I also didn't like the P90.
Now if someone were to cook up an "arm brace" version of the HERA kit (below) combined with adjustable LOP (and styling) like the specimen in the OP so "operators" (like me) could slap that on their AR pistols w/o having to go NFA, they'd probably have more sales than they could shake a stick at.

;)

View attachment 375367
Bruh do u even hav tactical soup beard? U aint guna operate wit no soup beard!

I mean... Maybe I need one so my AUG isn't the only "space gun" in my possession. :rolleyes:

I honestly couldn't like it when I held an AR with that stuff on it. I'm sure some folk are gonna like it, but I didn't. But I also didn't like the P90.

Bruh do u even hav tactical soup beard? U aint guna operate wit no soup beard!

Hell YES, I got me a make mama gigglin' thigh ticklin', crumb catchin', Alphabet soup tactical beard... it keeps spellin' "ARMY".... jive a$$ turkey ain't got no smoke on me! :D

IMG_4373.JPG

Alright, after some google searches I found out it's called the Vitaly Bulgarov's AR-15 DEX-stock. Copy n' pasted from this website: Vitaly Bulgarov's AR-15 DEX-stock - The Firearm Blog

Vitaly Bulgarov's AR-15 DEX-stock

So the Internet seem to have gone mental with the release of the HERA Arms CQB stock and front grip.

To complicate things further, there were a few random pictures released filling up my social media flow.

Was it the HERA once again, or another concept? They looked very similar.

The pictures looked great, but I couldn't recognize the logotype. Were they renderings or an actual product? I'm not sure I can tell even now. (They are renderings)

The desire to know more was huge.

new stock 11.png

Luckily, after a short while there was more information to be had:

"Thanks for the positive response! Please stay tuned for more info soon. Regarding one of the questions you guys had, yes we are making a CA, NY-compliant version and we're also trying a few ideas how to do it without destroying the design identity."

The reply came from Mr. Vitaly Bulgarov, who is a concept designer based in California, USA. He mainly works with industries such as Computer Games, Films and Industrial Design. As you can imagine, the films he works with are movies like the Terminator, Transformers and Robocop and computer games like Stracraft 2 and Diablo 3.

He continued: "Yes, the DEX stock is a real AR-15 compatible product and we are planning to release it early to mid 2017."

They are also working on state compliant design variations, and also plan to release 3 different levels of the stock/grip combination. The levels will range from a more affordable entry level version to more expensive high-level version, with more features and more exclusive materials.

From what I gather his interest in firearms and shooting has picked up lately, and he seems to own both an AR15 and a M2 Benelli with Taran Tactical upgrades.

Back to the pictures. As you can see, the back end of the stock can be adjusted in length.

As you can understand I haven't tried it, most likely no one has, but by the looks of it the pistol grip has an angle that normally wouldn't suit my liking. The angle must be steeper – I think. It must be more vertical.

V-shape. Heart-looking middle.

If they succeed in doing a nice 2k molding with that texture in some soft material, the end product would be rather nice. However it would most likely add quite a lot to the price, overmolds aren't cheap.

If you've tried the Magpul K2+ grips you know the feel I'm targeting (others may have different preferences), but the wrap-around rubber could actually be even a bit softer in my opinion.

new stock 9.png

To make a CA compliant stock, they would have to add a plate of some kind, like on the HERA CQB, to "close" the pistol grip.

new stock 10.png

The renderings on his website are to die for, they look really great.

new stock 1.png

Above: Black Phoenix Corp. project.

Below: "an old clunky gun I modeled and rendered in Zbrush about 6-7 years ago when I knew nothing about guns"

new stock 2.png

Some more renderings. Unfortunately a lot of the detail is lost when the images are compressed.

new stock 3.png

Robocop Concept below. I'm thinking AR-15 pistol here, with a brace.

new stock 4.png
new stock 5.png

We mention the computer games already in the HERA Amrs article. Question is who influences who? There's a little bit of the HALO BR55 Service Rifle (pictured below) involved in Bulgarov's design, but I'm sure his rifle won't come in 9.5x40mm M634 X-HP-SAP.

new stock 6.png

From fantasy, back to the DEX stock, and the "real" world.

Picture below: The stock collapsed and extended, I hope it will be less heavy than the Magpul UBR.

I am also missing the possibility to attach a support mono-pod with a Picatinny at the back of the stock.

new stock 7.png

In the renderings the plastic look like spark finish, with a high friction texture around the pistol grip. Possibly with the option to be able to change inserts, depending on the size of your hands – but this is pure speculation from my side and perhaps a hint to the producer.

The metal inserts look fabulous. By the looks of it, the large round one would work as a sling mount.

new stock 8.png

I guess this stock is not going to be available anytime soon, but it will be a nice addition to the ever growing AR-15 accessories list.

I think they should have name the stock Bulg-AR-ov, but it seems we're going to call it DEX.

For more information, and the coolest renderings, please check Vitaly Bulgarov's Instagram and Homepage.

new stock 13.png

Vitaly Bulgarov's AR-15 DEX-stock - The Firearm Blog

Last Edited:
^^^isnt that what I linked in post #3?^^^

:p

From what the article says it should have been out by now...(early to mid '17) either it hit delays or it's not really going to happen. Could be they decided it wasn't going to be cost effective to release into such a flooded market, espessialy with the Hera coming out at a lower price point that they could do. If they do release it I bet it will be either way expensive, or a much cheaper version of the prototype.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads