JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you are talking about being effected by recoil of an AR15 I dont think its about what you feel. Its about how it affects your sight picture and staying on target. Dont know how a stock has much affect on that but I suppose its possible.

I gotta ask, Why no Magpul love? I own just about all there AR variants and for the money think they are a good choice.

I see MagPul stuff everywhere & I don't want to be like Chuck. I want something that appeals to me and MagPul does not.

I love that they are a pro-gun company that shuned the state of Colorado for their anti-gun rhetoric but to each his own.

I can respect that, My feeling is though that the reason why you see it everywhere is because its the best product at the best price But I can see wanting to stand apart.

Different people have different things... like me needing to figure out how to build a No-ITAR-Parts AR for my gal to use when visiting, and that means no Magpul because if they made even Toilet Paper it'd be Restricted and thus one roll in my house would mean having to lock the bathroom closet when she's visiting. Just for one possible-scenario illustration.
Really!! Because your girlfriend is not a US citizen she can't mess with it.
What is she going to do?? While you are asleep take pictures (with her super secret spy camera) of the rifle in different shots and take them back to her country??

Jim, a 7.62x39 might pack more kick than a 5.56... or maybe it's for AR10s. I can imagine a 7.62x51 without all the heavy wood and metal of an M1/M1A/M14-family being a tad stout...

Bear in mind, some folks are more recoil sensitive than others, like how I can handle a full-auto Thompson but not a 12ga Remington 870.

An "AR15", to me has very minimal and wonder why it is that companies selling stocks for "AR15's" bring up "recoil" as a selling point.
I can respect that, My feeling is though that the reason why you see it everywhere is because its the best product at the best price But I can see wanting to stand apart.

True but I'm not everybody. I will not be assimilated!!!;)

I've been really happy with this MFT Minimalist stock. Light weight, comfortable, no rattle, affordable, seems study and well made.
Very similar to this with the hook but I being a fisherman "I dig hooks".
upload_2016-10-13_19-33-29.png

And it fits a commercial BT!!! BMS for commercial size 1.170 diameter receiver extensions!!!!!!
Now I don't have to buy a Milspec BT. YEA.

Really!! Because your girlfriend is not a US citizen she can't mess with it.
What is she going to do?? While you are asleep take pictures (with her super secret spy camera) of the rifle in different shots and take them back to her country??
Don't blame me, blame the douches at State. I just try to play by the rules as best I can, I don't make 'em--it's complete and utter horsecrap, but with a potential felony attached...

Some of us haven't really embraced the idea of turning down Scofflaw Road just yet... and my concern is more keeping HER legal. (As it is, there's already enough "fun" with the WA-specific Alien Firearms License horsesh*t...)

[knee-jerk overreaction deleted with apologies]

Last Edited:
Gotcha. Sorry, I do tend to have a knee-jerk reaction... :eek: tends to rip my skivvies that some guys out there expect everyone to be jealous about THEIR foreign-born young hot trophy wives, but dish no end of crap over the origin and relative age of my paramour forcing me to defend her honor.

Last Edited:
Addendum: The sheer stupidity of a small-minded, pin-dicked, meddlesome B*tchy Little Girl bureaucrat, particularly one who was bullied as a kid and By God Now That He's Got The POWER The Whole Damn WORLD Is Gonna Feel His Pain defies all human comprehension...

Forgot about those.... I put that on my first M4gery build YARES ago, it is a great buttstock. :s0155:

I also use the CAA pistol grip (or the milspec one) on all my AR's. You can change out the finger grooves & back straps to suit your hand, and there's also a storage compartment in it... for beef jerky or something. ;)

IMG_3774.JPG

Forgot about those.... I put that on my first M4gery build YARES ago, it is a great buttstock. :s0155:

I also use the CAA pistol grip (or the milspec one) on all my AR's. You can change out the finger grooves & back straps to suit your hand, and there's also a storage compartment in it... for beef jerky or something. ;)

View attachment 339452

Yeah that sounds awesome, caveman likes a place to store some Slim Jims while out shootin!!!:eek::eek::eek::p

Di
Thanks DB, I saw those a few years ago but it didn't really get excited but will take another gander at it.

This model "GL-SHOCK CP" really surprised me, is there really ANY RECOIL from an AR15???
"The revolutionary patented 'GL-Shock' absorbing Buttstock contains a recoil-reducing mechanism with a built in premium silicon chrome alloy spring creating a State-of-the-Art stock."

And that Tactical Adjustable Cheek Rest looks like it could possibly get all tangled up in my man hair!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
did you copy paste that from the website? It sounds like a damn advertisement!

I went with the Hogue stock and grip. <broken link removed>
Got a good price on both at a LGS here in Salem (Tick Lickers). Grip has the storage option as well. You can store spare stuff like spare optics battery, front sight tool, and of course, beef jerkey! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top