JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm at a crossroads with my AR, I recently acquired a Strike Ind. hand guard and like it as far as a drop in model. I am considering a SI Viper QBC but am asking for those that have/or have had them if they would give their Pros/cons. Kind of looking at it as a ginormous hook.... lol:eek::D

Also other models under a hunnit $ (except MagPul)
Thanks for any assistance in advance.;)

Jim Sr.

Jim, I've been looking at a FAB Defense stock with a concealed carrier for a 10rd mag at Jet.com for about $80.

Bit gimmicky, but I've always been a fan of having an ace tucked up my sleeve just in case. :)

Jim, I've been looking at a FAB Defense stock with a concealed carrier for a 10rd mag at Jet.com for about $80.

Bit gimmicky, but I've always been a fan of having an ace tucked up my sleeve just in case. :)

Thanks DB, I saw those a few years ago but it didn't really get excited but will take another gander at it.

This model "GL-SHOCK CP" really surprised me, is there really ANY RECOIL from an AR15???
"The revolutionary patented 'GL-Shock' absorbing Buttstock contains a recoil-reducing mechanism with a built in premium silicon chrome alloy spring creating a State-of-the-Art stock."

And that Tactical Adjustable Cheek Rest looks like it could possibly get all tangled up in my man hair!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jim, a 7.62x39 might pack more kick than a 5.56... or maybe it's for AR10s. I can imagine a 7.62x51 without all the heavy wood and metal of an M1/M1A/M14-family being a tad stout...

Bear in mind, some folks are more recoil sensitive than others, like how I can handle a full-auto Thompson but not a 12ga Remington 870.

When you are talking about being effected by recoil of an AR15 I dont think its about what you feel. Its about how it affects your sight picture and staying on target. Dont know how a stock has much affect on that but I suppose its possible.

I gotta ask, Why no Magpul love? I own just about all there AR variants and for the money think they are a good choice.

When you are talking about being effected by recoil of an AR15 I dont think its about what you feel. Its about how it affects your sight picture and staying on target. Dont know how a stock has much affect on that but I suppose its possible.

I gotta ask, Why no Magpul love? I own just about all there AR variants and for the money think they are a good choice.
Different people have different things... like me needing to figure out how to build a No-ITAR-Parts AR for my gal to use when visiting, and that means no Magpul because if they made even Toilet Paper it'd be Restricted and thus one roll in my house would mean having to lock the bathroom closet when she's visiting. Just for one possible-scenario illustration.

Different people have different things... like me needing to figure out how to build a No-ITAR-Parts AR for my gal to use when visiting, and that means no Magpul because if they made even Toilet Paper it'd be Restricted and thus one roll in my house would mean having to lock the bathroom closet when she's visiting. Just for one possible-scenario illustration.

Whoa... What? I have a bit of an understanding what ITAR is, Why would someone in the US have issues being around non firearm controlled items?

I am lost....

I installed an Ace Socom stock on my .300 Blackout SBR just to balance the front heavy suppressor. It's hell for stout and I do believe the hype that you could bust down a door with it.

Whoa... What? I have a bit of an understanding what ITAR is, Why would someone in the US have issues being around non firearm controlled items?

I am lost....
Because the State Department are a bunch of over-banhappy douches, and my GF's a non-immigrant (so far) Canadian citizen. (So maybe there's a little hyperbole there... LOL To State, "export" doesn't even require leaving the country, just a non-GC-holder even touching the item.)

Anyway... let's curtail the tangent, let the OP explain his Magpul aversion or find him some budget options. :)

DSA has a basic M4-type slider for $25, which is what I'm planning for my starter.

Daniel Defense has one that isn't too bad. I have one for a "build in process".

IMG_3423.JPG

Thanks DB, I saw those a few years ago but it didn't really get excited but will take another gander at it.

This model "GL-SHOCK CP" really surprised me, is there really ANY RECOIL from an AR15???
"The revolutionary patented 'GL-Shock' absorbing Buttstock contains a recoil-reducing mechanism with a built in premium silicon chrome alloy spring creating a State-of-the-Art stock."

And that Tactical Adjustable Cheek Rest looks like it could possibly get all tangled up in my man hair!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I have the GL-MAG model - I got it in a trade. It's a pretty decent stock. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it, but I actually like it, so it's sticking around. There are some stocks I like better, but I do dig the 'gimmick' of having that extra 10 round mag stored in the stock.

i use SOPMOD stocks on my ARs. one is a legit airforce PJ issue LMT sopmod and the other is a B5 sopmod. i like them for how tight they fit even without a friction lock. no cheap stock rattle. i like them for the waterproof storage tubes and also i like them for the nice cheekweld. for my AR pistol i use the shockwave brace.

I really like the ACS-L I probably have 6 of them

I think it does what all the gimmicky new stocks are trying to do but fail.

But if a Magpul salesman kicked your dog or something I got nothing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top