JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Newly relocated from the dark abyss of California, to the lush countryside of Oregon, the team at GFGear *Gun Fighter Gear* is happy to offer our new neighbors our revolutionary AR-15 side charging handles.

This updated Gen2 version features type 3 mil spec hard coat matte black anodizing, larger anti slip pins, and a cleaner finish.

The GFGear side charging handle means that now you can convert your rifle to a side charger, for a fraction of what a side charging receiver costs, with no gun smithing required!

The body of the GFG side charger is CNC machined from billet 7075 aerospace grade aluminum with heat treatment for extreme durability. The internal components are precision machined from steel.
The side charger knob is knurled for maximum control.

The side charger is Type 3 mil spec anodized matte black, with a machine engraved GFG logo *will never wear off like cheap laser etching*.

1/4 riser required for clearance with some brands of scopes and/or scope rings.

5pk group buy package ($99.00 ea)
<broken link removed>

Single side charger ($119.00 ea limited time Halloween sale ends 11/5, regularly 149.00ea)
<broken link removed>

4_zps6b330185.jpg 2_zps97fa6fa8.jpg 3_zpsb6169fb4.jpg 5_zpsa3858652.jpg

There are three main advantages.

First, it allows the operator to keep his main hand on the rifle grip while charging.

Second, the superior ergonomics of a forward side charger with a knurled knob vs a center rear charger with latch, allows for force to be more easily applied to the charging handle. This is especially useful for smaller female shooters or anyone with a physical disability that makes charging a standard AR15 too difficult.

Third, it allows for much easier bolt manipulation, with your off hand you can preform two actions at once, pulling the bolt back, and locking the bolt lock. Since in the rear position, the side charger sits just above the bolt lock.

The fourth, and least important advantage, is the cool factor of having a side charging AR.

My right hand would always maintain my shooting grip anyway, with the BAD lever. No advantage there.

You may have a point about the ergonomics, but I disagree about the physics of it being easier to charge from the side. Seems the center point of resistance would be the easiest pull.

Third the knob doesn't look very big for grasping and again, the BAD lever allows me to lock the bolt and maintain shooting grip.

Fourth. Yeah, ok, it does look kinda cool.

I'm not sold on it yet though. Would like to see a YouTube video of it in action.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a mamby pamby, what is the risk of seriously marring your upper receiver?

There are three main advantages.

First, it allows the operator to keep his main hand on the rifle grip while charging.

Second, the superior ergonomics of a forward side charger with a knurled knob vs a center rear charger with latch, allows for force to be more easily applied to the charging handle.

Third, it allows for much easier bolt manipulation, with your off hand you can preform two actions at once, pulling the bolt back, and locking the bolt lock. Since in the rear position, the side charger sits just above the bolt lock.

The fourth, and least important advantage, is the cool factor of having a side charging AR.

The BAD lever is another option to maintain the main hand position grip on the rifle, I use them myself, as well as the troy industries bolt latch. However, there is more than one way to fix a problem, and with this option you also get an easier bolt pull, and you don't need a bad lever, which might be helpful for shooters who live in cold climates and need to be able to wear thick gloves.

I don't see how you can disagree about the ease of charging the weapon with the side charger, when you don't have any experience using it. Why not order one and try it out, if you don't like it, send it back for a full refund and share your experiences on the board, if you do like it *which I think you will* share your experience on the board :)

Oh believe me, the knob is big enough, you wrap your pointer and index around it for lighting fast, easy charges.

Hey not mamby pamby at all, we all love our guns, and most of us have safe queens. The only part of the side charger that will touch the receiver, is the spring loaded latch that is identical to a standard charging handle latch.

Video demo

GFG Side Charging handle. The industries first drop in side charger for the ar-15. - YouTube

Customer review

Side Charging Handle from Gun Fighter Gear. - YouTube

Thank you for the video, it helps. I apologize if I unintentionally crapped on your thread. This device does deserve a second look and I will order one on payday. There is no doubt about its coolness factor. I look forward to testing it.

My compliments to you for your innovation and thinking outside the box. It is an excellent concept.

I truly wish you the best of luck and if this turns out to be as functional and reliable as it is cool.....Well sir, you will have a definite winner!!

Normander and Dizle, links fixed, group buy back up, single side charger is on sale for 119.00 for a limited time, Halloween sale ends 11/5, link added.

jbett98, the dimensions are slightly larger than a standard charging handle, so gas blow back would be mitigated by about 15%-20% over a standard charging handle. I just relocated from CA, where suppressors are illegal, and have not gotten a suppressor yet, so until someone with a suppressor tries the side charger and reports back, I won't know for sure. If you have a suppressor and are willing to do some testing for me, I will sell you a side charger at the wholesale price.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top