JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a detached retina back in April. After the surgeries and recovery time I went back to shooting my ar with my eotech mounted on it. Well my vision sucks now and I can't focus on the eotech because my brain is resorting to my left eye more. If I shoot right handed all I see are 2 blurry reticles.

So my option now is to learn to shoot left handed with my eotech or use a scope with magnification. Anyone have a suggestion? My scope now is a 4x32 scope. It's great and all but far too limited and the objective is too small. What is a good 2x mag scope? I saw truglo made one but it has a 5moa dot! I really want normal crosshairs with 2 times mags

Have you added a magnifier to your eotech? I currently have an 2 Eotechs, a 552.A65 and a 512.A65. Each of them have an Eotech Replica Magnifier mounted behind them with flip-to-side mounts. I have pretty bad eyes myself as I am near sighted with a bad stigmatism. I have a 4x magnifier and a 5x magnifier that I matched to each Eotech and it works perfect for me. Just my $.02

Yeah I do have a magnifier on my eotech but my right eye is bad and with the red dot magnified it's really blurry. I had to resort to a scope because of this. For some reason I can't really use any red dots and scopes are the only optics that works with my bad eye

I see. How much are you looking to spend? If you're looking for non-red dot then there's plenty of solid choices out there from Redfield and Weaver to Leupold. For the price, i'm a big redfield fan as they are the subsidiary to Leupold. Weaver also has great optics for the money. I, too, have been looking for a non red dot as I have noticed all of my optics are red dots. I always think that if it came down to it and I had no batteries then those sights would be useless but I do have most of them co-witnessed with my rifle sights.

Money is not a factor at this point. I don't want a full on scope either because in all honesty I am only shooting 75 yards or less with my ar so I don't need the magnification. I am forced to use the 4x32 because my vision is super bad. It's really just compensating for the vision rather than a necessity. I'll check out redfield though

There are a lot of 1-4x scopes out on the market right now that might be right up your ally. They are made by most scope companies.

On one of my AR's I have a Leatherwood CMR and have been very happy with it.

DSC_0004-4.jpg

Well I have been looking for something similar and came across this Leupold VX-1 1-4X. It is intended for a shotgun so the parallax is set for 75 yds.
There are many choices with better glass if you want/need it.

Leupold VX-I Shotgun Scope 1-4x 20mm Heavy Duplex Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA

+1 on a shotgun scope. They are tough, to handle the recoil, come designed for shorter ranges and in lower powers, and are affordable although you can spend as much as you want like any other scope. I have one on an AR-15 and it will actually focus well to about 200 yards, but it has a zoom and some don't. Slightly off topic, but I also have one on a .22lr rifle. They are often physically short, maybe because they don't have to "see" at long distance, (??) but they are a great fit.

Maybe I missed- have you basdically gone cross dominant? Right handed and left eye dominance?

If so my $0.02 from someone stuck with this!! A GOOD 1-4X usually works pretty good. There's enough of a clear picture to get my right eye to pick it up- Though if it was me and money truly no object I'd look at an ACOG. Should be much easier to pick up and great quality!!

If you think this scope well be a permanent addition on your AR I would drive over to Curts Gun Shop (Oakgroove) and look at the Vortex Viper 1-4X24. I have the Nikon M223 in 1-4 and have used Burris and Leupy 1-4's. The Vortex is head and shoulders above any of them. I now regret buying the M223, shoulda-woulda gone with the Vortex.

IMO an ACOG is the best scope with magnification suited for an AR.

I agree with that statement 100% - However some people (just had this conversation with my brother yesterday) just cannot afford or "justify" the 800+ dollars for an ACOG.
So, I too am reading this thread with much interest. I am looking for a "less than 200 dollar" scope for my Brother's AR.

Great input thus far !

Trijicon accupoint series. New 1-4x german reticile are dreamy. Get an older TR21R with red triangle reticle for 500 with a larue spr-e mount, used ofcourse ..if your on a budget they are out there. I used these scopes alot and they are the best scopes for any hunting/sport use rifles imo. U can mount a mini rds like a burris fast fire...mounts onto one of the scope rings...tune it for 15yds maybe. Accupoints are dual luminated tritium retcle with BAC. Binary aiming concept retcles allow for two eyes open type shooting. Its made to sit out away from face like a rds. Once you try one you will fall in love. Assuming your eyes are ok with bac.

If u want a fast 1x like u have now u might try an aimpoint because they arent holographic. They arent parralax free either but they shouldnt stress your eyes out. Might want to take a look through a standard red dot sight to see

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top