JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't had a chance to test this at the range yet,:(

but has anyone out there with a .22 rimfire adaptor (in an AR15) compared the point of impact difference between the .22 and the .223 at, say, 50 yards? :p

Last Edited:
working with the Ciener Kits and ARs...generally you'll have to adjust both windage and elevation by a couple minutes to get POA/POI. Each rifle is going to vary so test fire it at 25' and 50' and see what your rifle does. But I'm go into this thing expecting to adjust your dope (assuming it is optic equipped) or use Oregon Windage!

Thanks Korntera :s0155:

As soon as it warms up a little, I'm going to zero the .223 for 100 yds and then see where the trajectories cross. If the .22 is only 2" low at 50 yrds that will be great.:) A little Kentucky elavatation will take care of that.:p I just wanted some referance point to keep from having to adjust the scope any time I drop in the Ciener.

Operation Parts,:s0155: just prior to election for $200.00 with a BDM 27 rnd mag. Too cold to go to the range,:( so I loaded a magazine, gave it a shot of LPS-2 and fired it into a bucket of sand in my garage, fast as I could pull the trigger.:s0114: The cartridges were 10 year old Rem. solids and it worked perfectly.:s0155: Anyone want to buy my .22 rifle?:D

I have a small red dot (jpoint style) mounted on my scope. I sight the scope for .223 and the dot for .22rimfire. Seems to work fairly well. The dot seems to work OK at short ranges for the .223 also. It will keep the hits inside a mans sized target. Not a tack driver, but ok for cheap plinking. We shall see how it holds up over the long term.

To directly aswer the question, at 50 yards the .22rimfire seems to hit around 4" low and 2" to the left of where the .223 hits, when I use the open sights.

Thanks Lineman, :s0155:
What I want to do is zero the .223 at 100 yards with my 4X scope and then see where they both print at 50yds with the same sight picture. I know it will be different from the "Iron" sights as the scope is on a carrying handle mount.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top