JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone know if the gas block has any thread lock on those two screws?

D2F8FD17-6EF3-4486-A3BF-E9F8BA8E2564.jpeg

A completed 80% receiver is called a receiver. The answer to your quest is "nothing". It doesnt matter who finishes the machine work. A receiver is a receiver. Its an other until you make it a rifle or pistol and you can go back and forth. .

Who do you get this registration stuff? When a licensed manufacturer ( not a "maker" ...you ) builds a firearm he assigns its gender as pistol, rifle or other ( Not counting NFA ) . If it was originally excise taxed by the 07 Manufacturer as a rifle then you as the end user cannot make it a pistol. Thats it. End of story.

Thanks

If I was ordering an complete upper from Aero I'd go with a Hanson profile barrel with the pinned LPGB (assuming they offer that configuration, if not I'd buy the separate parts and build it)

Last Edited:
I finished the lower. The only mistake is I put two detents in in the rear take down pivot. Once I took one detent out the spring went in so much easier. Oh the embarrassment. :oops:

FEA79B93-7A7F-4093-8308-D4A8E0FB94DB.jpeg

I like that you added the Strike Industries enhanced bolt catch. I put those, along with SI take-down/pivot pins and trigger guards on all my builds...

I like that you added the Strike Industries enhanced bolt catch. I put those, along with SI take-down/pivot pins and trigger guards on all my builds...

I had a few BCM black trigger guards since I bought a few extra parts over the past two years. I only had to order the forward assist assemblies and a few bolt dust covers.

I am mostly done. I still need to put the flip up Troy battle sights on. Can I put a Magpul AFG and maybe a light? I have some Speer Gold Dot JSP rounds in both 55gr and 64gr. I am planning on using a BCM BCG.

There was no locktite on Allen bolts on the gas block either.

1400D47D-154C-447D-99ED-FE5E638450B0.jpeg

Last Edited:
I see you also did the SI takedown/pivot pins, as I always do with my builds/upgrades. And the anti-walk pins, too...
Nice looking build. Don't forget to clean up that big fingerprint by the forward assist when you're done... :oops:

Whelp, posted a bolt action rifle i dont use on a classifieds, said i wanted to sell to fund an ar pistol. Few hours later got a good offer. Now just waiting for my springfield saint victor to get out of wa gun control jail.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top