JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I recall, you can only use the lowers for a pistol as long as they were listed as "other" on the firearm type on the 4473 form. If they were registered as rifles, they have to stay rifles.

Can anyone clarify?

If I recall, you can only use the lowers for a pistol as long as they were listed as "other" on the firearm type on the 4473 form. If they were registered as rifles, they have to stay rifles.

Can anyone clarify?

I buy stripped AR lowers not rifles and my FFL will receive them on Monday.

Stripped or 80%? It matters...

ETA: Nevermind... See where they are being transferred to you by your FFL. 80% lowers can be delivered to your front door, no FFL.

Also, were any of your lowers ever part of a rifle?

ETA: See what Koda and I said.

Last Edited:

Can anyone clarify?
Correct, as I understand the BATF regs.

Correct. If a lower is designated as a rifle at the point of purchase it can only remain a rifle. But if it is designated as "other" it can go rifle or pistol. Just make sure to check your forms in regards to legality.

Whatcha really wanna do, though, is go with 80% lowers and make yourself a Trunk Monkey...

Yo! Off the grid, baby!!!
PSA AR-15 Trunk Monkey.01.jpg

Last Edited:
Well, can't Tony come back after he's assembled his little bundle of joy and share pics with us?
Or does he hafta move to the "Show Us Your Guns" thread?
What's the protocol here...??? :confused:

Or.... exercise your freedom and buy a jig and several 80% lowers. Don't be surprised though when you're milling them that bald eagle's flock around you and Toby Keith magically appears by your side singing courtesy of the red white and blue. :s0151:

Or.... exercise your freedom and buy a jig and several 80% lowers. Don't be surprised though when you're milling them that bald eagle's flock around you and Toby Keith magically appears by your side singing courtesy of the red white and blue. :s0151:
...and do it while you still can!

In case you never noticed, I'm a nobody.
I was joking!!
I was kidding/being sarcastic as well.
It's just my way of protecting myself when I venture outside of my safe space...
Now, where did I leave my companion animal??? o_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads